• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

rough landing!

#4
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
EX_STAB said:
That is an astonishingly heavy landing. What the fcuk was he doing?

I doubt that airframe took off again that week!

Heavy landing?


We must have been watching different clips.

Can't see a problem with the one I saw. :roll:
Well I would have said that the tailscrape, bounce and then dropping it in on the nose gear was sub optimal but perhaps that's why they only let you land at zero ground speed ;)

See my edited post above and also this link:
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cach...146&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=uk&client=firefox-a

suggests that BAe 146 and London City Airport have a bit of a love/hate relationship!
 
#5
It just goes to show the strength of the 146 to have only superficial damage after that 'arrival'. Lesser aircraft would have converted themselves to kit form at a lower rate of decent.


Whats wrong with landing at zero ground speed?

Far better to stop then land than land then try to stop. Bloody dangerous that is.
 
#6
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
It just goes to show the strength of the 146 to have only superficial damage after that 'arrival'. Lesser aircraft would have converted themselves to kit form at a lower rate of decent.
Agreed! One of Hatfield's finest. If they'd built a version with two engines instead of four we'd still have a civil aircraft industry.


The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Whats wrong with landing at zero ground speed?

Far better to stop then land than land then try to stop. Bloody dangerous that is.
Well it's not very flash is it? ;)
 
#8
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
EX_STAB said:
Well it's not very flash is it? ;)

It is if you land it from a back-flip. ;)
I'd ask to see the video but I'm afraid you'd go out tomorrow and feck up the demonstration flight. Anyway, how do you back flip a desk? Do you have to get permission from Chilwell ATC? :thumleft:
 
#9
EX_STAB said:
I'd ask to see the video but I'm afraid you'd go out tomorrow and feck up the demonstration flight. Anyway, how do you back flip a desk? Do you have to get permission from Chilwell ATC? :thumleft:

Poke it shitlips.

I'm lucky enough to be not flying a desk. Still get between 15 and 30 hours a month. :D
 
#10
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
EX_STAB said:
I'd ask to see the video but I'm afraid you'd go out tomorrow and feck up the demonstration flight. Anyway, how do you back flip a desk? Do you have to get permission from Chilwell ATC? :thumleft:

Poke it shitlips.

I'm lucky enough to be not flying a desk. Still get between 15 and 30 hours a month. :D
Happy landings! Do drop by! :D
 
#11
I'm told that any landing you walk away from is a good one, so on that basis am inclined to agree with Flash, does look exciting though, wonder what the passengers felt/thought? assuming there were any on board.

(I was also told that the sky is perfectly safe, its the edges that are dangerous)

I haven't got as far as landing yet though so what do I know?
 
C

cloudbuster

Guest
#12
[quote="The-Lord-Flasheart]Still get between 15 and 30 hours a month.:D[/quote]

Sharp-pencilling git. :D
 
#13
If you'd been in the back of a Mk9 while Cloudbuster landed you'd think that 146 touch down was a stroll in the park...

I've seen Spitfires in the Battle of Britain move nose dive into the sea in a smoother and more controlled fashion :D
 
C

cloudbuster

Guest
#14
Hey, they're called 'positive' landings, using sub-min pitch. After all, you wouldn't want to fall off the back of a war-canoe, would you? The wheelie-bin's spongy ex-Whirlwind oleos made the delicate task of finding terra firma quite a feat.

It also confirms to the pax the fact that we've arrived.
 
#15
minister_doh_nut said:
If you'd been in the back of a Mk9 while Cloudbuster landed you'd think that 146 touch down was a stroll in the park...

I've seen Spitfires in the Battle of Britain move nose dive into the sea in a smoother and more controlled fashion :D
so how old are you. if you had seen the battle of britain
 
C

cloudbuster

Guest
#16
Possibly referring to the film in which Suzanna York parades around in her smalls, which also starred Lovejoy, and some aeroplanes.
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#17
Ladies and gennelmen, please fasten your seatbelts, this may be a [boooooinnnnnng] woooh rough [smack] OUCH, woooahh landing [booooiiinngg] oooh not again [smack bleed] ooooh gawwd I'm gunna hurl, [boing] yaayy we're down, er, I mean, thank you for flying Aeroflot, enjoy your stay at the infirmary.
 
#18
cloudbuster said:
The wheelie-bin's spongy ex-Whirlwind oleos made the delicate task of finding terra firma quite a feat.
Possibly but dumping the collective at 500 ft and waiting for a bang, I'm sure wasn't taught on the APC......... despite you doing it when Bleriot was a groundie :D
 
C

cloudbuster

Guest
#19
minister_doh_nut said:
cloudbuster said:
The wheelie-bin's spongy ex-Whirlwind oleos made the delicate task of finding terra firma quite a feat.
Possibly but dumping the collective at 500 ft and waiting for a bang, I'm sure wasn't taught on the APC......... despite you doing it when Bleriot was a groundie :D
Might have been part of the conversion course, or part of my drive to rid the Corps of the things.
 
#20
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
EX_STAB said:
I'd ask to see the video but I'm afraid you'd go out tomorrow and feck up the demonstration flight. Anyway, how do you back flip a desk? Do you have to get permission from Chilwell ATC? :thumleft:

Poke it shitlips.

I'm lucky enough to be not flying a desk. Still get between 15 and 30 hours a month. :D
On Budgie the helicopter ride outside Asda in Stowmarket??
 

Latest Threads