Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 kids exploited

WALT

LE
What, lesbianism is a "fad" that only arose in the last couple of years? Or is it that you just don't like the idea that lesbian or gay couples are allowed to raise children?

Nope. Just this strange insistence on breaking the laws of science to make people feel cuddly.
I'm quite happy to accept that some same sex partners may make better parents than some mixed sex partners, but can we please cut out all this two "daddies" and two "mummies" crap, please?
I sincerely hope that the two parents you have referenced are going to be truthful and honest with her as she grows up, otherwise she's going to be mighty pissed off with them when she learns the truth.

ETA:- And another thought. If these two split up will they both have the same rights to the child? No? Didn't think so.

Nope. Just this strange insistence on breaking the laws of science to make people feel cuddly.
I've got really bad news for you about those "laws of science", given the rather-more-than-zero rates of intersex people? The estimates of "between 2 to 5 in every 10,000" puts them well outside "ignore because too difficult".

What's your answer to Intersex rights? They exist in their tens of thousands within the UK, and you're the one who doesn't want to "break the laws of science to make people feel cuddly". How should they be regarded in your ideal society?

I'm quite happy to accept that some same sex partners may make better parents than some mixed sex partners, but can we please cut out all this two "daddies" and two "mummies" crap, please? I sincerely hope that the two parents you have referenced are going to be truthful and honest with her as she grows up
Got a better way for a six-year-old (or her teacher) to explain a lesbian marriage to a class full of six-year-olds? If asked, the teacher says "some people have two mummies", and leaves it at that. Nice and simple, kids go "yeah, fair enough", and it'll do for the next four or five years.

What's your alternative? A full-on sex education debate with a bunch of six-year-olds about what they're allowed to call their parents, the nature of the Kinsey Scale, and non-traditional marriage? That the teacher should insist on telling the class "K's Daddy doesn't live with her, and her Mummy has a special friend"?

ETA:- And another thought. If these two split up will they both have the same rights to the child? No? Didn't think so.
Errrr... so what, who cares, and why is that relevant?

What's your understanding of how divorce affects child custody among straight couples? Adoptive parents? Step-parents? Slightly skewed, is it? Congratulations, no difference.

Last edited:

WALT

LE

What's your answer to Intersex rights? They exist in their tens of thousands within the UK, and you're the one who doesn't want to "break the laws of science to make people feel cuddly". How should they be regarded in your ideal society?

The topic has nothing to do with intersex, ambiguous genitalia or hermaphrodites. They have always existed and yes, it must be shite to fall into that camp, but again, that's nature. It throws up exceptions. Some thrive, some don't.

Got a better way for a six-year-old (or her teacher) to explain a lesbian marriage to a class full of six-year-olds? If asked, the teacher says "some people have two mummies", and leaves it at that. Nice and simple, kids go "yeah, fair enough", and it'll do for the next four or five years.

Nice and simple. But bollocks. I was fed bullshit as a child and it turned me into the cynical and bitter adult that I am. These children of alternative relationships are being fed a higher level of bullshit than I was and I can guarantee that it is going to turn around and bite society in the arrse.
One thing I have learnt from my experiences, never patronise anyone, regardless of their age and regardless of how difficult the conversation is.

Nice and simple. But bollocks. I was fed bullshit as a child and it turned me into the cynical and bitter adult that I am. These children of alternative relationships are being fed a higher level of bullshit than I was and I can guarantee that it is going to turn around and bite society in the arrse.
Have you considered that maybe they aren't being fed bullshit?

No-one's telling them (say) to believe in an arbitrary strict set of rules based around a religion - hopefully, all they see is that their parents love each other. If it exists, and it works (at least, no worse than "traditional" relationships) then why is it going to "turn them around"?

One thing I have learnt from my experiences, never patronise anyone, regardless of their age and regardless of how difficult the conversation is.
So don't patronise those kids. They seem to have settled on not caring whether someone is straight or not; just because you think it's a "fad" doesn't mean that they have to agree with you.

I may be biased; youngest came out a while back. We want him to be confident in himself, and happy in life - it's just the way he is. Anyone who tries to demean him for who he is, can Fvck Off And Keep Going. He keeps his head down at school, he's careful on his primary social media accounts, but several of his school friends know (including said lass with two Mums). Thankfully, these days (or at least at his school) it's not the Golden Passport to Getting the Sh!t Kicked Out Of You, that it was back in the 1970s/80s when I was a youth - and that is undeniably a good thing.

So, when/if he meets someone who he wants to spend the rest of his life with? Brilliant, and good luck to him - all we hope is that he gets the same chances as everyone else.

Regarding the apology ... from The Bradford Partnership. Maggie Oliver has something to say.

‘There are so many abusers walking the streets’ says anti-abuse campaigner Maggie Oliver, after young women who, as 14-year-old girls, were sexually abused while in council care in West Yorkshire got an apology from the local authority whose job it was to keep them safe.

no idea why the clip is blocked. Google or search GBN for clip.

Child abuse apology is 'pointless,' says anti-abuse campaigner​

"Social workers in Bradford turned a blind eye when a 15-year-old grooming victim took part in an Islamic marriage to one of her abusers, a damning report revealed yesterday.

Despite the teenager not coming from a Muslim background, professionals meant to protect her then allowed the parents of her 'husband' to foster her after she became pregnant, it revealed.

One of her social workers allegedly even attended the wedding ceremony."

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

"Social workers in Bradford turned a blind eye when a 15-year-old grooming victim took part in an Islamic marriage to one of her abusers, a damning report revealed yesterday.

Despite the teenager not coming from a Muslim background, professionals meant to protect her then allowed the parents of her 'husband' to foster her after she became pregnant, it revealed.

What interpretation of 'complicity' do some people not understand? And when are some of those in official positions going to face charges?

I'm quite happy to accept that some same sex partners may make better parents than some mixed sex partners, but can we please cut out all this two "daddies" and two "mummies" crap, please?
I sincerely hope that the two parents you have referenced are going to be truthful and honest with her as she grows up, otherwise she's going to be mighty pissed off with them when she learns the truth.

M

Authorities have been turning a blind eye for decades over FGM, particularly the medical profession. None of this is remotely surprising, nor is the shunting off to pakistan of pubescent girls to get them married before they are too old. Nine years old being the optimum just like ayesha pbuh

Last edited:
Regarding the apology ... from The Bradford Partnership. Maggie Oliver has something to say.

no idea why the clip is blocked. Google or search GBN for clip.

Child abuse apology is 'pointless,' says anti-abuse campaigner​

Has Maggie Oliver been cancelled by wokesters?

About time harsher penalties for all perpetrators of child abuse were enacted, I am happy with castration or sterilisation or locked up for life with no hope of parole.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
About time harsher penalties for all perpetrators of child abuse were enacted, I am happy with castration or sterilisation or locked up for life with no hope of parole.
I think something that needs to be addressed is the issue of dependents.

There were riots in some of the mill towns a few years ago. Many of the miscreants escaped jail because they were apparently the only English speakers in their households and their relatives would have been disadvantaged.

These are people who make very big play of 'community'. In which case, the community can provide. The community can/should also bring greater pressure to bear to ensure compliance with the law.

'Racism'? Well, yes, there is racism in what I'm describing - the community concerned is getting preferential treatment over the majority.

The offenders in these cases gave no consideration to what their dependents might feel, nor to what might happen to them if they were caught. Why, frankly, should the rest of us?

Racism? No. If those dependents were of such little consequence, then larger play of their needs and feelings shouldn't be allowed in a courtroom just for the sake of convenience.

And if some 'communities' don't like that, then they should get their houses in order. They should put themselves beyond criticism through their actions, not rely on political protection. Most if not all of the resentment that they wail about comes from what they do not being addressed fairly. It's not just 'racism'.

Did you get the impression (and I’m generalising) That almost all workers were there for the right reasons, but a minority gravitated to the job as they were the ‘abuser’ type, but that by using cunning and flattery they waffled their way past any criticism from those above them?
Literally a bullshit baffles brains scenario,
Pretty much, yes. I've wondered how such cunning could manifest itself so early in some circumstances but then I don't have the mindset to comprehend such behaviour.

The same cannot be said of children - Who in the main do not have much choice in the matter.
So why should they be demonised because of their parents?

I notice that you have avoided answering the most important question - when the little girl explains to her class that she has two mummies, not a mummy and a daddy, what should the teacher say?

So why should they be demonised because of their parents?

I notice that you have avoided answering the most important question - when the little girl explains to her class that she has two mummies, not a mummy and a daddy, what should the teacher say?
Can I watch?

This may or may not be the correct response

really; you are a bit cossetted aren't you? People have dislikes of others for any number of reasons, why should Homosexuals be any different. I mean for all I know some of the people who hated Germans- cos their dad's fought them, not because they themselves and they may have been Gay or Jewish is that right too? You talk of hypocrisy.. they're all at it somewhere along the line.

Then you should have no problem with Muslims not liking gays

Another thread ruined by @stacker1

I'd say you need to use the ignore button, but then I remembered that you are broken brained and post that you have put me on ignore, before answering one of my posts.

On the dick.ead rota again, I see

I admire people trying to defend a ex serviceman killing himself due to the military being discriminatory against gays, but somehow find it an outrage because one book in one Muslim school says something bad about gays.

Maybe you should have learned to MYOB by your time of life, you curtain twitching old dodderer. I have always decided what laws are worthy and what are not, when I was a teenager, you were not allowed a headlight on your bike over 2W - ignored, homosexuality was illegal in Scotland until 1980, 17 years after England and Wales, I didn't grass up the clientele of the Waterloo, the Vintners, Squires and Austins. Laws I think are stupid get ignored, If there are consequences I'll deal with them like a grown up. I can't imagine what it's like going though life as a lickspittle.

Maybe you are right, all those women who claim sexual harassment in the army deserve it, after all, they wouldnt have joined if they didnt want it. Sexual harassment laws arent worthy.
Now I come to think about it, drug taking not that bad either, soldiers should ignore drug use, its just a bit of fun after all. Drug laws arent worthy.
CEA fraud? Well its just gaming the system, Fraud laws arent worthy.

Smash up the city/companies/people because of the climate/BLM/Some other **** reason? Well those laws of damage to property/people arent worthy

Etc etc

Remember soldiers, if you see something illegal, just ignore it and say you dont think the law is worthy.