Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 kids exploited

skeetstar

Old-Salt
Absolutely, millions of stepfathers and stepmothers, adoptive parents etc. Raising children and acting vicariously as parents. But that is a million miles away from the fiction that a child has two mothers or two fathers.

Yes I'm aware of the examples you probably have in mind, as set out in the book of Genesis...

Slime

LE
Absolutely, millions of stepfathers and stepmothers, adoptive parents etc. Raising children and acting vicariously as parents. But that is a million miles away from the fiction that a child has two mothers or two fathers.

Yes I'm aware of the examples you probably have in mind, as set out in the book of Genesis...
Funnily enough I hadn't even considered stepfathers, stepmothers or adoptive parents.

Those catagories would add a few percent more.

Kindly point out where I've been ranty about any such thing.

The Armed Forces have come a long way in tackling homophobia in its ranks, but I've served with many openly gay soldiers since I joined up in the late '70s, and I can't recall any instances of attacks on them, verbal or physical.

I have, however, worked alongside three Jordanian exchange officers, all Muslims, and all stated outright that they would not work alongside homosexual soldiers, and two even stated that if they found out one of their offspring was gay they would kill them. And no, I am not making that up, I have witnesses.
I must be a reincarnated Jordanian.

Maybe I agree with discrimination against gays, taking a lead from you, surely I should decide what laws are worthy or not?
Maybe you should have learned to MYOB by your time of life, you curtain twitching old dodderer. I have always decided what laws are worthy and what are not, when I was a teenager, you were not allowed a headlight on your bike over 2W - ignored, homosexuality was illegal in Scotland until 1980, 17 years after England and Wales, I didn't grass up the clientele of the Waterloo, the Vintners, Squires and Austins. Laws I think are stupid get ignored, If there are consequences I'll deal with them like a grown up. I can't imagine what it's like going though life as a lickspittle.

As I've just mentioned in the BBC Bias thread with regard to the report into CSE in Bradford: the BBC News team have studiously ignored the fact that the perpetrators were men of Pakistani origin. They did make a big deal with the fact that the report acknowledges that the abuse is continuing, and in other towns and cities too, and were horrified about it and amazed that nothing seems to be getting done to stop it.

However, by failing to address said elephant, things are not going to change. The same desire not to upset the apple cart, for whatever reason, be it fear of being called racist or whatever, is the root cause of it not being tackled.

While the authorities, the media, and the establishment look the other way nothing will change.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
As I've just mentioned in the BBC Bias thread with regard to the report into CSE in Bradford: the BBC News team have studiously ignored the fact that the perpetrators were men of Pakistani origin. They did make a big deal with the fact that the report acknowledges that the abuse is continuing, and in other towns and cities too, and were horrified about it and amazed that nothing seems to be getting done to stop it.

However, by failing to address said elephant, things are not going to change. The same desire not to upset the apple cart, for whatever reason, be it fear of being called racist or whatever, is the root cause of it not being tackled.

While the authorities, the media, and the establishment look the other way nothing will change.
It is not racism to report as fact something which is fact.

But that is a million miles away from the fiction that a child has two mothers or two fathers.
Youngest has a girl in his yeargroup, with two mothers.

How should the school react to the parents? Ban them? Declare the two mothers to be "fiction", and only allow one of them along to parents' evenings? Insist that only one of them could be a parent?

How should the school react to the child? Wait for the first time she described her Mummies, or did a drawing, and insist that she could only have one Mummy, and where was Daddy? How should they deal with the first occasion some little sod followed their parents' observations, and insisted that her Mummies were an offence before G*d?

Fortunately, the school have been quite pragmatic and supportive over the whole subject, and have no truck with narrow-minded window-licking bigots who insist that things "aren't natural" or quote their favourite skyfairy. The little girl has two Mummies, and if anyone has a problem with that they're perfectly free to FVCK OFF, and keep on Fvcking Off until they're over the horizon. Then fvck off some more.

Unsurprisingly, the kids have taken no notice since Year 1, and for the last decade have regarded it as just the way things are, because they haven't been told that they're supposed to care about it. "K's got two mummies" "Yeah, so? She's a mate, got a problem with that?".

Last edited:
It is not racism to report as fact something which is fact.
Try telling the BBC that.

In their web article it names 9 men who have been gaoled, so it's obvious who is to blame in that instance, but the article still fails to address the ethnicity of the perpetrators.

As I said, it may be that the report doesn't mention it either, which itself doesn't excuse this failure .

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Try telling the BBC that.

In their web article it names 9 men who have been gaoled, so it's obvious who is to blame in that instance, but the article still fails to address the ethnicity of the perpetrators.

As I said, it may be that the report doesn't mention it either, which itself doesn't excuse this failure .
Just because the report fails to mention their ethnicity doesn't mean that the BBC needs to refrain from stating the bleedin' obvious.

In fact, in its thirst for the truth, it really should - because, if it wants all these horrific crimes to stop, it needs to help to apportion true blame.

The Bradford Partnership mentioned in the BBC article, having google-fu'ed some of the named agencies

In a joint statement responding to the review, the Bradford Partnership, made up of Bradford Council, West Yorkshire Police's Bradford district commander and Bradford District and Craven Clinical Commissioning Group, said: "We want to apologise to the young people identified in this report and any others where the actions of agencies in Bradford has failed to protect them from child sexual exploitation.

It would seem despite being "horrified about it and amazed that nothing seems to be getting done to stop it" they have managed to use plenty of 'meaningful words'!

West Yorkshire Consortium Inter Agency Safeguarding and Child Protection. Which is part of the the Bradford Partnership

It would seem that witchcraft is easier to link to CSE than religion.

All reports coming out the same day?
The council was mired in corruption and financial mismanagement during the decades of abuse, according to the report, with "politicised behaviour and turmoil" dominating its culture.
The report partly blames the council's battle against the Conservative government in the 1980s, saying it sought to "take on the government" to the detriment of local services.
"During that time, children in care became pawns in a toxic power game within Lambeth Council and between the council and central government," the report added.
Says it all really, and still a game played by many Labour Councils to this day.

Slime

LE

The thing is, you mentioned the Beeb, so there is another massive elephant in the room, that is very obvious to some at the Beeb but invisible to the general public (as it doesn’t exist for the general public).

Today I have been: making admin phone calls, eating, watching tv and doing errands in the car. The ’second elephant’ hasn’t figured in my life, and doesn’t on a daily/weekly basic. This elephant has nothing to do me, nor I with it. I know it existed once, but that was a long time ago.

The elephant in the room most of us see is the elephant that a section of some minorities have a racist and loathing attitude towards young white girls. Most in the general public think ANYONE who does harm to young girls of any colour should be caught and punished.

But, there are some people who we could generalise and stereotype as middle class Beeb Guardian readers. That small group have a very vocal and public voice, AND they can see a second massive elephant in the room.

The elephant they see is called ‘British Empire’, they see it every single day in all aspects of life………..And it says to them ‘whitey is a guilty racist’ and whitey’s oppressed people are still oppressed and can do no wrong.

I did volunteer work at a children's home for special needs children in the eighties. Male staff with seniority prayed on younger staff both male and female. All white and lower middle class. No one in authority would listen. Thirty odd years later I wonder why.

Slime

LE
I did volunteer work at a children's home for special needs children in the eighties. Male staff with seniority prayed on younger staff both male and female. All white and lower middle class. No one in authority would listen. Thirty odd years later I wonder why.

Did you get the impression (and I’m generalising) That almost all workers were there for the right reasons, but a minority gravitated to the job as they were the ‘abuser’ type, but that by using cunning and flattery they waffled their way past any criticism from those above them?
Literally a bullshit baffles brains scenario,

WALT

LE
The little girl has two Mummies, and if anyone has a problem with that they're perfectly free to FVCK OFF, and keep on Fvcking Off until they're over the horizon. Then fvck off some more.

No she doesn't. She has two parents.
It's a subtle distinction that allows us to avoid throwing out two thousand years of science in order to placate a minority that live in cloud cuckoo land.
A science that has struggled to develop against narrow minded superstitions and has had to prove itself with hard evidence. I refuse to accept that a child can have two "mummies" on the say so of a fad that has arisen in the last couple of years.
At some stage a male had to provide sperm. That would be the biological father. Sorry to have to inform you at your stage of life of how biology works and has always done so.

No she doesn't. She has two parents.
It's a subtle distinction that allows us to avoid throwing out two thousand years of science in order to placate a minority that live in cloud cuckoo land.
She may have been born of sperm and egg in one of their wombs, but as far as she is concerned, she has two Mummies.

It's a subtle distinction that allows us to avoid throwing out two thousand years of civilisation in order to placate a minority that live in a cloud cuckoo land...

...where everything is nice and gammon, those LGBT+ people are too ashamed to admit their existence in polite company, everyone goes to church on a Sunday, and the TV channels only show nice simple programmes like they did in the 1960s.

I refuse to accept that a child can have two "mummies" on the say so of a fad that has arisen in the last couple of years.
What, lesbianism is a "fad" that only arose in the last couple of years? What colour is the sky on your planet? Or is it that you just don't like the idea that lesbian or gay couples are allowed to raise children?

"Now Martha, WALT insisted, only one of us is allowed to be called Mummy at the Birthday Party, you've got to be called Parent"

Sorry to have to inform you at your stage of life of how biology works and has always done so.
Sorry to have to inform you at your stage of life of who people choose to live with and have always done so.