Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 kids exploited

My point is why the fake outrage over one book in a Muslim school, when both the new and old testament says a similar thing?
Anyone who served before 2000 was happy with the discrimination of gays in the Army.
So basically find something else to be outraged over.
I think what annoys me more is driving society to accept that these things are a norm. I think statistically that they are not. There is a broad sense of acceptance of people foibles and idiosyncrasies, however forcing them down our throats is another matter. For me the matter is simple. Children at school are minors. Education is not inculcation, nor do schools have that right. When each child is an adult they can make their own choices. Oh and it didn’t matter in the army for me, they far too busy taking my mothers origins out of me. I do not forget or forgive.

ThunderBox

On ROPS
On ROPs
It might have been discussed a thousand times on here, but have any police officers and social services types been fired without pension for allowing the grooming?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Was I happy with the discrimination against gays in the military? No. It was just how it was.

I was happy when serving people no longer had to hide it. I don’t give a bùgger [sic] what someone’s persuasions are, so long as they’re competent and respect my persuasion. Nothing else matters.

I think what annoys me more is driving society to accept that these things are a norm. I think statistically that they are not. There is a broad sense of acceptance of people foibles and idiosyncrasies, however forcing them down our throats is another matter. For me the matter is simple. Children at school are minors. Education is not inculcation, nor do schools have that right. When each child is an adult they can make their own choices. Oh and it didn’t matter in the army for me, they far too busy taking my mothers origins out of me. I do not forget or forgive.
so do you not tell children (some who might have two mums or two dads) that there are other type of relationships? Certainly, I understand from neighbours with young children that there are children of same-gender parents at the local primary school - one couple are military, I believe.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
It might have been discussed a thousand times on here, but have any police officers and social services types been fired without pension for allowing the grooming?
What also gets up my nose is why haven't they been deported yet ?

so do you not tell children (some who might have two mums or two dads) that there are other type of relationships? Certainly, I understand from neighbours with young children that there are children of same-gender parents at the local primary school - one couple are military, I believe.
I neither think of it nor care. My children were brought up with their mother and father in an honest relationship, which still exists. There is no manual for these things, but in my day things were a bit more down to earth. NB Children are not stupid, they ask questions, you answer.

Found a certain book in a library? Just happened to stumble across it and found the offending paragraph?
Sounds like the school has been grassed up.
I can't imagine why I have you on ignore

Where did I say I'm allowed to make up complete bollocks like you?

I never say you make up complete bollocks, you just said that,
but I agree you do make up complete bollocks

Perhaps you can remind everyone where it was that I mentioned anything about kids, gays and buildings before you went into attention seeking mode?

What's kids, gays and buildings got to do with it, it was about books in a school

You're losing the plot, sunshine,
Put him on Ignore, then he can argue with himself

I neither think of it nor care. My children were brought up with their mother and father in an honest relationship, which still exists. There is no manual for these things, but in my day things were a bit more down to earth. NB Children are not stupid, they ask questions, you answer.
So it shouldn't be taught at school?

My point is why the fake outrage over one book in a Muslim school, when both the new and old testament says a similar thing?
Anyone who served before 2000 was happy with the discrimination of gays in the Army.
I wouldn't say I was happy with discrimination against homosexuals in the Army when I was in, I tolerated it because thems were the rules. Which were actually not enforced very well at one regiment I was at, and not really enforced for women soldiers at another.

Last edited:

skeetstar

Old-Salt
Go on then, give me reference in the NT which supports your contention.

skeetstar

Old-Salt
I'll make that a bit more accurate...
There are children of same gender couples where the child is raised by two individuals, only one of whom may be the actual biological parent. The other individual, acts in the role of parent, but has no biological relationship to the child.

I'll make that a bit more accurate...
There are children of same gender couples where the child is raised by two individuals, only one of whom may be the actual biological parent. The other individual, acts in the role of parent, but has no biological relationship to the child.
And how does this affect how it should be taught at schools?

Latest Threads