Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 kids exploited

And your experience if that is...? Or are you parroting the guff that's perpetuating on here?
Not at all my dear chap. Just summing up what I have learnt from my years of observation, much of which has been supported by conversations with former civil servants, including some from Whitehall.

Screenshot_20210115_123614_com.google.android.gm.jpg

On a related topic, I get loads of 'suggested' posts on my FB feed, including a number about vigilante groups exposing alleged paedophiles. It seems these groups set up fake, yet seductive, profiles of 14 year olds on social media and then strike up conversations with adults who show interest in them. A meeting is set up and the alleged paedophile is then confronted and 'detained' by the vigilantes and aggressively questions and then the police are called. The alleged offender is named and filmed and this is uploaded without any context (eg whether they were prosecuted, sentenced etc).

However, I do wonder how legal their activities are. On some videos the team state they are from some sort of child protection team, and then state the alleged offender is detained under PACE and often manhandle the person into a quiet corner somewhere and question them. In some videos they search the individuals (including their bags) and take their phones. The questioning is quite aggressive; one of the main 'interviewers', with heavily tattooed legs (you don't see his face) speaks in 'Northern Squaddie Dialect', complete with the confirmatory 'yeah?' at the end of every sentence.

I congratulate their enthusiasm to track these guys down (who almost all have Islamic names - how representative is this?) but I should imagine a half-decent solicitor who be able to strike down much of what is recorded by the team; moreover (vide Tommy Robinson) publishing these videos could be in contempt of court at worst, and potentially jeopardise a High Court trial.

I have no desire to engage these vigilantes to elicit answers, but does anyone here have knowledge of their activities?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
On a related topic, I get loads of 'suggested' posts on my FB feed, including a number about vigilante groups exposing alleged paedophiles. It seems these groups set up fake, yet seductive, profiles of 14 year olds on social media and then strike up conversations with adults who show interest in them. A meeting is set up and the alleged paedophile is then confronted and 'detained' by the vigilantes and aggressively questions and then the police are called. The alleged offender is named and filmed and this is uploaded without any context (eg whether they were prosecuted, sentenced etc).

However, I do wonder how legal their activities are. On some videos the team state they are from some sort of child protection team, and then state the alleged offender is detained under PACE and often manhandle the person into a quiet corner somewhere and question them. In some videos they search the individuals (including their bags) and take their phones. The questioning is quite aggressive; one of the main 'interviewers', with heavily tattooed legs (you don't see his face) speaks in 'Northern Squaddie Dialect', complete with the confirmatory 'yeah?' at the end of every sentence.

I congratulate their enthusiasm to track these guys down (who almost all have Islamic names - how representative is this?) but I should imagine a half-decent solicitor who be able to strike down much of what is recorded by the team; moreover (vide Tommy Robinson) publishing these videos could be in contempt of court at worst, and potentially jeopardise a High Court trial.

I have no desire to engage these vigilantes to elicit answers, but does anyone here have knowledge of their activities?
The son of one of the wife's friends as caught by this. TBF, I met him just the once when he met up with his mum after being taken away from her by social services due to her being the punching bag for one of her partners and was away for over 10 years. He seemed a nice enough bloke, very quiet but I put it down to not seeing his mum for an age. We only found out when the video appeared on FB and his mum got in contact, it turns out that people who had known her for years were threatening her even though she had no input on his upbringing.

The son of one of the wife's friends as caught by this. TBF, I met him just the once when he met up with his mum after being taken away from her by social services due to her being the punching bag for one of her partners and was away for over 10 years. He seemed a nice enough bloke, very quiet but I put it down to not seeing his mum for an age. We only found out when the video appeared on FB and his mum got in contact, it turns out that people who had known her for years were threatening her even though she had no input on his upbringing.
I see no need for these videos to be shown along with very specific information on the alleged offender. It seems these vigilantes do it for self gratification

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I see no need for these videos to be shown along with very specific information on the alleged offender. It seems these vigilantes do it for self gratification
A number of things come to mind.

If entrapment is proven, then is there anything that can be made to stick in a court of law?

Yes, I'm sure that the people who turn up are pretty grubby. It's probably also a fair bet that some of them would slip through the fingers of the law if they weren't honey-trapped.

But what's the real outcome?

A number of things come to mind.
If entrapment is proven, then is there anything that can be made to stick in a court of law?
Yes, I'm sure that the people who turn up are pretty grubby. It's probably also a fair bet that some of them would slip through the fingers of the law if they weren't honey-trapped.
But what's the real outcome?

Probably elements , and i do mean elements and not whole delivery of deterrence and justice

Last edited:
Oh yeah about that and before someone mentions Portsmouth and paedos read the following:
A tale told too much - the paediatrician vigilantes - Press Gazette

Vigilante justice is still a sh!t idea.

Oh yeah about that and before someone mentions Portsmouth and paedos read the following:
A tale told too much - the paediatrician vigilantes - Press Gazette
And yet there was an element of truth about it, albeit in copycat form. A nurse whom I knew about fifteen years ago had to barrier nurse a muppet in Salisbury who tried, unsuccessfully, to set fire to a paedo's house by putting petrol through the letterbox. Said muppet managed to severely burn himself. The "paedo" was a paediatric surgeon.

Vigilante justice is the mark of the retard.

Unregulated, spur of the moment, erratic, emotion-driven, and supported - in the main - by society’s “less than gifted”........

Oh and by they way, one day they might come for YOU.

The vandals here seem to be helluva thick. As if any nonce or rapist is gonna advertise it on the side of their house. Maybe the paedo-hunters should give them an education. With fists and boots, if the verbal message does not get through.

Latest Threads