Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 kids exploited

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Very good article that. An article & an initiative that I don't think would've been possible until recently.

It's a good point about some of the attitudes & cultures in this country needing updating. I know of modern women "bought over" from the des who are horrified when they end up marrying a total backwards m0ng over here.
Without getting into needless point-scoring, I don't think it would have been possible under a Labour government.

Without getting into needless point-scoring, I don't think it would have been possible under a Labour government.
Completely agree. There'll be some Labour minds exploding at that article & initiative, no doubt being hounded by some community leader types.

In the same way that abuse in the Catholic church was covered up in Ireland for anti-colonial reasons, some people think it shouldn't be tackled in the UK for anti-racist reasons. May the hells of fire be fuelled by them both.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Completely agree. There'll be some Labour minds exploding at that article & initiative, no doubt being hounded by some community leader types.

In the same way that abuse in the Catholic church was covered up in Ireland for anti-colonial reasons, some people think it shouldn't be tackled in the UK for anti-racist reasons. May the hells of fire be fuelled by them both.
If some of the ‘cultural‘ norms were being practiced by the wider population there’d be a lot more court cases and convictions for spousal abuse.

It’s not ‘racism’ that’s the problem, it’s bigotry.

In some ways the Catholic church, and it's followers, are as guilty of the antiquated marriage practices of other benighted religions. My son married a Catholic, he was forced to convert to Catholicism before her parents would allow them to marry. Not bad for a lad who is as atheist as I am. Naturally he doesn't go to church, but the family still follow all the usual hypocritical things, like getting my grandkids baptised (or whatever it is they do) despite never going to church themselves any more.

1584105217078.png

Those subhuman faces woiuld look so much better with shards of bloodied, broken glass sticking out, an eyeball popped out on its stalk, noses stomped flat, and a log of pigshit stapled into the mouth.

In some ways the Catholic church, and it's followers, are as guilty of the antiquated marriage practices of other benighted religions. My son married a Catholic, he was forced to convert to Catholicism before her parents would allow them to marry. Not bad for a lad who is as atheist as I am. Naturally he doesn't go to church, but the family still follow all the usual hypocritical things, like getting my grandkids baptised (or whatever it is they do) despite never going to church themselves any more.
A friend of mine who originally came from a catholic background died 6 years ago.
His family came over from NI and took over the funeral.
First and only time I have ever been in an RC church.
Blood chillingingly backward.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Yep, look what happened in London when certain communities thought they were being treated unfairly...
Caused a run on widescreen televisions...
And Nicked Too!!!

This is not helping to quell the rising anger amongst the affected communities

Three members of a Rochdale grooming gang remain in the UK more than 18 months after they lost an appeal against losing their British citizenship, it has emerged.

Victims of Abdul Aziz, Adil Khan and Qari Abdul Rauf have reported recent sightings of the men in the Greater Manchester area.

The trio have been able to return to the town where they committed years of horrific abuse after being released from prison.

Sadly another example of the Home Office being glacially slow in process and often at odds, with the criminal justice system. Not to mention I have little doubt that public funds were used to fund there appeals.

There is little doubt that 'Theresa May' as Home secretary was directly involved in ensuring the 'Home Office' described as not fir for purpose by labour Home Secretary John Reid, continued to be so.

'But that has been long hashed out on ARRSE and I am concerned with the governance since the 2019 December election.'

The Home office needs to not only be seen to have got its head out of its arrse, but start proving it with actions taken. That 2 year after the three were judged to be able to be deported they bloody well should have been so.

The Home Office announced its intention to remove the men’s British citizenship in July 2015, saying the move was in the public interest because of their “serious and organised offences”.

Aziz, Khan and Rauf launched a legal challenge but lost the case at the Court of Appeal in August 2018, paving the way for them to be deported to Pakistan.

The court heard that the three convicts were dual nationals, having moved to the UK from Pakistan but became naturalised.
edited for spelling as some posters are triggered by my dyslexia :razz: or is it my content?

Last edited:

Sadly another example of the Home Office being glacially slow in process and often at odds, with the criminal justice system. Not to mention I have little doubt that public funds where used to fund there appeals.

There is little doubt that 'Theresa May' as Home secretary was directly involved in ensuring the 'Home Office' described as not fir for purpose by labour Home Secretary John Reid, continued to be so.

'But that has been long hashed out on ARRSE and I am concerned with the governance since the 2019 December election.'

The Home office needs to not only be seen to have got its head out of its arrse, but start proving it with actions taken. That 2 year after the three were judged to be able to be deported they bloody well should have been so.
PP needs all our backing in resolving this issue.
What you say @wetsmonkey ?

Sadly another example of the Home Office being glacially slow in process and often at odds, with the criminal justice system. Not to mention I have little doubt that public funds where used to fund there appeals.

I suggest you raise the issue with your MP. He or she will write to the Home Secretary

I hope you have. I'll write to mine, who is a minister.
I have always got a reply when ever I have written to her, although not always as timely as I wish. She at least is more of a idealogical conservative than most, which helps. That said it needs more of the public to make there voices heard, I believe I am seeing the shoots of re-engagement of the wider public with politics.

Encouraging this engagement is needed as the press, in many cases seem to be more fixated on creating clickbait news while ignoring stories like the petition to release the grooming gang report took under a week to gain 115,764 which should see it debated in parliament. that is quite a short period of time given that it has had little to no publicity, the BBC news site finally yesterday slide it into the politics pages, but it seems to have disappeared.

Regardless of politicians having the political will to do something, the establishment in its many guises can and has chinned them off. Sadly as been seen though throughout the whole of the grooming gangs scandal, and for no doubt many differing reasons, which have been hashed out in this thread.

Sadly in the case of Sarah Champion MP even her party threw her under the bus over CSE matters.

Why shouldn't public funds be used? And equally importantly, where did you learn English?

Have you snorted massive amounts of crack cocaine?
Crack is inhaled, through a pipe. User middle teeth disappear, leaving a hole.
Don't ask my how I know that lol

Latest Threads