Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 kids exploited

Will be interesting. Chances are it’ll end up being something of nothing, like when the govt was forced to reveal some legal advice regarding Brexit.
I reckon ‘prescident’ and creating one is the primary concern.
Or will the Corona virus will mean MP's are "too busy" to debate it?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I’ve no idea what the report contains, I can only guess, from the wording of the governments response, that it contains strategic information.

Lets say it says “in the whatsoever area of Birmingham there are 12 kebab fast food takeaways and 2 mobile phone accessory shops.These and 3 local taxi firms are owned by the same family and extended family. These premises are believed to have played a part in the grooming of vulnerable females, and also in the laundering of money from local drug dealing/distribution. The extended family also consists of 2 local councillors, a doctor and 3 members of the police force.”

After you have redacted that, what are you left with?
If that's the case, and of course we're into total conjecture here, then all of those additional offences should be actively pursued and some people getting some extended time in free but distinctly basic accommodation.

That said, one of the things has come up in the past is the threat of violence from some communities in some towns if the police get too, er, enthusiastic.

That opens another can of worms - the effectiveness of law enforcement in this country.

That raises another interesting point. Take Rotherham for example. The population (Wikipedia) is 85.6 percent white, 8.3 percent Asian, 1.3 percent black. Somewhere like Blackburn the white population is smaller but still almost two-thirds (62.7 percent in 2011, again according to Wikipedia).

There are very few places in the UK where the white population is in the minority. The question has to be asked of just why a minority population is able, effectively, to hold the majority to ransom.

If that's the case, and of course we're into total conjecture here, then all of those additional offences should be actively pursued and some people getting some extended time in free but distinctly basic accommodation.

That said, one of the things has come up in the past is the threat of violence from some communities in some towns if the police get too, er, enthusiastic.

That opens another can of worms - the effectiveness of law enforcement in this country.

That raises another interesting point. Take Rotherham for example. The population (Wikipedia) is 85.6 percent white, 8.3 percent Asian, 1.3 percent black. Somewhere like Blackburn the white population is smaller but still almost two-thirds (62.7 percent in 2011, again according to Wikipedia).

There are very few places in the UK where the white population is in the minority. The question has to be asked of just why a minority population is able, effectively, to hold the majority to ransom.
Yep, look what happened in London when certain communities thought they were being treated unfairly...
Caused a run on widescreen televisions...

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Yep, look what happened in London when certain communities thought they were being treated unfairly...
Wasn't that the 'spontaneous protests' at the police shooting of Mark Duggan?

...those same 'protests' leading to the widespread looting of consumer electronics and white trainers, but which left bookshops pretty much unscathed?

If the police and politicians refuse to punish crimes due to a fear of violent reaction by some people, then we no longer live in a society under the rule of law. One more time, without Fear or Favour.

TamH70

MIA
Kinda missing the point about being seen to be responsible members of the wider community... literally...

Sodom, for Gomorrah they should get their vehicles inspected by every public body that does such a thing, after being ANPR'd to the nth degree, their driving licences, tax, MOT and insurance details checked, and if there is any evidence of fraud or so much as one tyre with a tread less than the legal limit of 1.6mm across the full width of the tyre, they lose their vehicle, their licence and their ******* liberty, because they've been taking far too many of those.

No CCTV in the cab? No cab. End of story.

I’ve no idea what the report contains, I can only guess, from the wording of the governments response, that it contains strategic information.

Lets say it says “in the whatsoever area of Birmingham there are 12 kebab fast food takeaways and 2 mobile phone accessory shops.These and 3 local taxi firms are owned by the same family and extended family. These premises are believed to have played a part in the grooming of vulnerable females, and also in the laundering of money from local drug dealing/distribution. The extended family also consists of 2 local councillors, a doctor and 3 members of the police force.”

After you have redacted that, what are you left with?
It sounds more like that should be prosecuted.

Then released once the operation is complete.

In the meantime the rest of the report could be released.

And in another story from Bradford, involving some members of the Pakistani community (and a white British national), concerning sex and drugs:

The sentences are not to be trifled with...

Oh, and before any says 'I bet the BBC won't report this....' they have, and ahead of the tabloids.

And in another story from Bradford, involving some members of the Pakistani community (and a white British national), concerning sex and drugs:

The sentences are not to be trifled with...

Oh, and before any says 'I bet the BBC won't report this....' they have, and ahead of the tabloids.
The honky looks like a Harry potter baddy.

Strange that the report says he (honky) attacked the victim with the two brothers yet the sentences seem to indicate one of the brothers was more involved...

25 years for one brother and honky, 30 for the other brother.

Why reports should be made public.

Scotland Yard chiefs 'covered up their mistakes' says new report Scotland Yard chiefs 'covered up their mistakes' says new report

The shaming of Scotland Yard: Scathing 'Nick' report says Met Police were more interested in covering up their mistakes over handling of fantasist Carl Beech than learning lessons from them.
We wouldn't want folk skimming over their little faux pas in place like Rotherham.

Catching the Oxford paedophiles:

Not necessarily something to do with CSE but an indication of wider cultural problems:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Not necessarily something to do with CSE but an indication of wider cultural problems:

SWMBO and I went to an Islamic wedding a few years back and were seated on a table with a couple of Bangladeshi girls from a town that I used to live in. So, we pretty knew all the same haunts and a lot of the same people.

I was struck by the duality of the lives they have to live. Both were vibrant, funny and very sharp - absolutely lovely, in fact.

We talked about this topic and how people are expected to behave. I got the impression of, shall we say, a public face and a rather more frank existence elsewhere - but, to be clear, still proper, 'nice' girls.

The attitude was of weary acceptance and accommodation. If anything, it increased my regard for them.

An interesting point was dress. We'd made various enquiries in terms of suitable colours to wear, how SWMBO should dress and so on. SWMBO wore a long dress and covered arms. So, we were astounded to see some of the Muslim girls in very short skirt but with diaphanous dresses over the top - "Aha, covered you see!"

I had a quiet chuckle to myself. Always nice to see the rules being challenged.

SWMBO and I went to an Islamic wedding a few years back and were seated on a table with a couple of Bangladeshi girls from a town that I used to live in. So, we pretty knew all the same haunts and a lot of the same people.

I was struck by the duality of the lives they have to live. Both were vibrant, funny and very sharp - absolutely lovely, in fact.

We talked about this topic and how people are expected to behave. I got the impression of, shall we say, a public face and a rather more frank existence elsewhere - but, to be clear, still proper, 'nice' girls.

The attitude was of weary acceptance and accommodation. If anything, it increased my regard for them.

An interesting point was dress. We'd made various enquiries in terms of suitable colours to wear, how SWMBO should dress and so on. SWMBO wore a long dress and covered arms. So, we were astounded to see some of the Muslim girls in very short skirt but with diaphanous dresses over the top - "Aha, covered you see!"

I had a quiet chuckle to myself. Always nice to see the rules being challenged.
I do see a lot of pushing back from younger generations born in this country, but still many being married into families with very different values. If they/we are to more full integration it's going to take a very, very long time to for that part of 'British' society to adjust to British societal and cultural values of tolerance, as the two cases I cited are examples of.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I do see a lot of pushing back from younger generations born in this country, but still many being married into families with very different values. If they/we are to more full integration it's going to take a very, very long time to for that part of 'British' society to adjust to British societal and cultural values of tolerance, as the two cases I cited are examples of.
Never forget that a British passport/citizenship is often a part of the dowry. A lot of the perpetuation of conservative attitudes is because people get a plane and go and pick themselves a bride from the 'old country'.

Cultural perceptions are clearly deeply entrenched:
Once again 'I bet this isn't on the BBC...'

It is
Very good article that. An article & an initiative that I don't think would've been possible until recently.

It's a good point about some of the attitudes & cultures in this country needing updating. I know of modern women "bought over" from the des who are horrified when they end up marrying a total backwards m0ng over here.

Latest Threads