Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 kids exploited

When reading reports of the trials of the relative number who have faced justice-and generally found guilty- there seems to be a common thread.

Nope, not their ethnicity or religion, but their alleged employment.

Time after time, it's cab drivers/kebabwallahs/shop keepers and so on, who unsurprisingly have access to all sorts of illegal drugs.

Also, a large percentage appear to need interpreters in Court, nothing like a bit of integration eh.

Could somebody please explain to me why the f*ck the cops are so bloody scared of these scum ?
Because they belong to a Minority.
And that gives them special Rights, see ?

You can thank Harriet Harman for that, and other changes in Societies attitudes.

Easy solution - supply your own.
Easier said than done. Consider the number of cases that could be overturned because the interpreter was later shown to be rubbish.

I understand to be a qualified interpreter in a Courtroom or a Hoslital is quite difficult because of the high standards required - not like some of the chancers who worked for us as 'terps on Iraq or Afghanistan. I knew of one woman who was both an Urdu and Farsi interpreter and although the money was good she hated it. In police interviews she would have to translate everything that was said (of course) including the abuse and swearing that was frequently directed at her. In hopsital she had to have a very good working knowledge of often distressing medical terms (and be present during consultations and treatment). In Court she had to have a very good knowledge of legal terms. She eventually gave up because of the death threats she would receive from families convinced that she was distorting what their precious son had said. She returned to a much lower-paid but less stressful job in academia.

Last edited:
So things have been quite in Scotland which has a very similar set up, kebab shops, taxis and vulnerable girls, maybe this is why.

COPS took down a huge asylum seeker grooming gang in Glasgow - but kept it secret.

The gang preyed on vulnerable young girls in the city, and had at lest 44 victims, including a core group of six youngsters who were all known to each other.

Love this last bit.

We always carefully consider what information to release to protect vulnerable victims and the integrity of the inquiry'.
Or: 'police investigation and prosecutions ongoing therefore details are suppressed to avoid compromising witnesses and further prosecutions including cases that are underway.'

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Give this a listen. I've not listened to it yet but I am a regular listener of this podcast and I think its good:

easy answer. One of two options.

Physically castrate them, and deport them or

death penalty.
You seemed to have the comma in the wrong place, I fixed it.

Usual suspects and usual victims.

What I find odd in this case is 3 paedophile muslim rapists in their 30s 'cannot be named for legal reasons'? What possible legal reason can there be for not naming them?

Fishbulb

Old-Salt
Future trials probably.
But they make the case in other trials that they name the perp because they want other victims to come forward...

A bizarre decision by the HO, with kudos to Sargon of Akkad for highlighting it. The 2019 report in to the grooming epidemic will not be released. The government is refusing to release official research on the characteristics of grooming gangs, claiming it is not in the “public interest

Some quotes from the article linked below:

" In December, The Independent was told that the work had been completed but would only be used for internal policy-making and would not be publicly released.
In response to a freedom of information (FOI) request asking for the research carried out and any reports drawn up as a result, the Home Office confirmed it held the information but would not release it."

"The Home Office’s FOI unit said the documents also included “operationally sensitive” information from police and could prejudice ongoing investigations "

"A spokesperson for the government department said: “Child sexual abuse is a sickening crime and predators who abuse children will face the full force of the law.

“We’re pursuing work on a number of fronts to understand the characteristics of group-based offending and the contexts in which it occurs. This includes ongoing work commissioned by the previous home secretary and will inform future government policies on child sexual abuse."

Article:

Further to my post above, I have included a link to the UK Gov petitions page. In the unlikely event that you feel a government report should be published feel free to do the obvious

I can predict why this report will never be released.

Not only are the perpetrators Pakistani, they are also Muslim, and as with far too many Muslims they see themselves as having a “right” to take non Muslim girls.

Until we destroy this myth we will have this problem.

But no one wants to mention religious beliefs.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
A bizarre decision by the HO, with kudos to Sargon of Akkad for highlighting it. The 2019 report in to the grooming epidemic will not be released. The government is refusing to release official research on the characteristics of grooming gangs, claiming it is not in the “public interest

Some quotes from the article linked below:

" In December, The Independent was told that the work had been completed but would only be used for internal policy-making and would not be publicly released.
In response to a freedom of information (FOI) request asking for the research carried out and any reports drawn up as a result, the Home Office confirmed it held the information but would not release it."

"The Home Office’s FOI unit said the documents also included “operationally sensitive” information from police and could prejudice ongoing investigations "

"A spokesperson for the government department said: “Child sexual abuse is a sickening crime and predators who abuse children will face the full force of the law.

“We’re pursuing work on a number of fronts to understand the characteristics of group-based offending and the contexts in which it occurs. This includes ongoing work commissioned by the previous home secretary and will inform future government policies on child sexual abuse."

Article:
Here is a petition to release the information.

There are a lot of other petitions available but this seems to be the only one which "demands" the release of information concerning the review.

What I find odd in this case is 3 paedophile muslim rapists in their 30s 'cannot be named for legal reasons'? What possible legal reason can there be for not naming them?
Touts or serving coppers.

Or as others have said, upcoming trials. Although, if they have other upcoming trials for the same sh!t, perhaps we should be preparing gallows and forget the fluffy PC sh!t.

Latest Threads