Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 kids exploited

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I know, I'm just a softy really :D :D

My comment would be immediately deleted and I would be banned for life if I put what I really think should be done with them.
Does it involve industrial meat grinders and woodchippers?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I was thinking more of a heavy duty soldering iron, electrical of course.

Portree Kid said:

My comment would be immediately deleted and I would be banned for life if I put what I really think should be done with them.

My bold .. given the abhorrence/fear people of this religion have for certain animals, feeding them to these would be apt!
snip Farmer EATEN by his own pigs after suffering heart attack…with beasts leaving nothing but scraps of bone!

Portree Kid said:

My bold .. given the abhorrence/fear people of this religion have for certain animals, feeding them to these would be apt!
snip Farmer EATEN by his own pigs after suffering heart attack…with beasts leaving nothing but scraps of bone!
I heard of a farm worker in Cricklade getting drunk and calling in to say hello to his pigs on the way home as was his habit, falling in and being eaten by them 47 years ago.
I always took it with a pinch of salt.

I heard of a farm worker in Cricklade getting drunk and calling in to say hello to his pigs on the way home as was his habit, falling in and being eaten by them 47 years ago.

My bold as did the pigs :)

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
My bold as did the pigs :)
Long pig crackling?
Salt?
No?

Never mind then.

Point of order, my friend. Welsh is most definitely not a dead language.

The disagree is a result of the desperate efforts the gogs are trying, and failing to modernise it by spelling the modern word in a weird Welsh way ..
Noodles ….. Nwdls
Microwave … Popty ping
Ambulance … Ambiwlans
Pickles … Picls
The list goes on, then of course there is the huge cost of changing all the road signs putting of course the Welsh one on top. Some like the one for my home town Newport is now called Casnewydd which considering when I lived there, there were possibly a hundred people at most who had any knowledge of Welsh at all, out of a population of c. 100,000, and even those could speak English as did everybody else I met in Wales!
The sheer idiocy of this just to satisfy a few ultra nationalistic gogs & forcing it on everybody there, is almost unbelievable. They would be far better on pushing another current & useful modern language to help prepare kids for the real world outside of Wales!!

The disagree is a result of the desperate efforts the gogs are trying, and failing to modernise it by spelling the modern word in a weird Welsh way ..
Noodles ….. Nwdls
Microwave … Popty ping
Ambulance … Ambiwlans
Pickles … Picls
The list goes on, then of course there is the huge cost of changing all the road signs putting of course the Welsh one on top. Some like the one for my home town Newport is now called Casnewydd which considering when I lived there, there were possibly a hundred people at most who had any knowledge of Welsh at all, out of a population of c. 100,000, and even those could speak English as did everybody else I met in Wales!
The sheer idiocy of this just to satisfy a few ultra nationalistic gogs & forcing it on everybody there, is almost unbelievable. They would be far better on pushing another current & useful modern language to help prepare kids for the real world outside of Wales!!
What has this got to do with the abuse of children in Rotherham, and elsewhere, by paedos of Pakistani origin?

Noodles ….. Nwdls
Microwave … Popty ping
Ambulance … Ambiwlans
Pickles … Picls
To be fair there is a push for kids to learn Mandarin in schools which is sensible

Yes and no.

One of the problems is that like promotes like, for sure. Don't use the right language or espouse the same views? You're doomed. It's the same right across the civil service.

I do know a few coppers though who've stayed in the job because they want to make a difference despite the prevailing politics.

I also know a few coppers who've become very, very cynical.
Very, very cynical. Something that also happens in local government.

I doubt it's changed since I got out. Or worse, has accelerated.

Whilst I understand where your coming from, 1 year is a hard slog. Yes day to day stuff but some areas take more than a year.

We had an Italian car, needed a service, I knew the spark plugs needed replacing etc. Could not find the word so asked a friend, Italian born, early 50s, so Paul whats Italian for spark plugs, no idea he says, I moved to England when I was 18 so never had to use the word.

Oh and its la candela.

So I dont know a time frame but 5 years at least. Not lived here for 20 years and need an interpreter as you see some times.
The disagree is because within a year, you should have a functional grasp of the language. Specific, or technical terms, maybe not, but general language, yes.

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Nick Griffin was exposing these asian grooming gangs as far back as 2004 when the BBC filmed him via an undercover agent at a BNP AGM in a pub in Yorkshire. They broadcast it in a programme called 'Secret Agent'. As a result the police and CPS charged him with 'Inciting Racial Hatred. The first trial in 2006 resulted in a hung jury. Not to be detered the CPS ordered a second trial 9 months later which resulted in an aqquital.

A few years later the Times claimed to have an investigative scoop about Asian grooming gangs (and still crow about them being the first to expose it) This started the ball rolling.

While being no fan of Nick Griffin I do think that if the police had at least put some effort into looking into his allegations, instead they were too intent in getting some brownie points from Tony's New Labour by nailing a nasty white racist. But hey ho what do I know.

I am suprised that despite all this Labour were voted back in Rotherham.
Champion who was re-elected actually berated the odious Shah MP for Bradford, for her comments about 'white girls should shut up for the sake of diversity'. Shah had to apologise to the HoC for that.

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Both the senior police officers and Council staff should be investigated with a view to prosecuting them for misconduct in a public office. The offence is committed when,a public officer acting as such;
  • wilfully neglects to perform his duty and/or wilfully misconducts himself;
  • to such a degree as to amount to an abuse of the public's trust in the office holder;
  • without reasonable excuse or justification.
Also hit them with malfeasance in a public office, Sgt Edwards of the met was convicted of that in the 1980s so not too ancient. Maybe its time for Pritti to tell the CPS to grow a set.
And conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

philc

LE
The disagree is because within a year, you should have a functional grasp of the language. Specific, or technical terms, maybe not, but general language, yes.
Thats why I said the day to day stuff.

Is he ok?

Champion who was re-elected actually berated the odious Shah MP for Bradford, for her comments about 'white girls should shut up for the sake of diversity'. Shah had to apologise to the HoC for that.
A rarity, a Labour MP that you can respect

Latest Threads