Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 kids exploited

It's been done here before, but statistically (based on convictions) immigrants are less of a bunch of criminal cvnts than us natives...

TBH I'm not so bovvered about marginal changes in crime rates due to immigration as i am about profound changes to ways of life.

I'll live with the positive ones, hellooooo gorgeous Polish ladies, hellloooooo a construction industry with only a 10% shortfall in workforce.

Not so sure about my inability to get a pork chop from a proper butcher, or the pubs shutting down because footfall dropped off*.

* and MPs don't do pubs so tax them unthinkingly.

The disagree is for the bolded bit above. Official figures show otherwise see below ...https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN04334/SN04334.pdf

snip Ethnicity As at the end of March 2019, just over a quarter of the prison population was from a minority ethnic group – this figure has stayed relatively constant since 2005.

Source: MoJ Offender Management Statistics Quarterly, October to December 2018, table 1.4; NOMIS, Census 2011. Note: 1% of prison population does not have a recorded ethnicity. As the chart illustrates, compared to the population as a whole, the non-white population is over-represented within the prison population. In the prison population, 27% identified as an ethnic minority, compared with 13% in the general population. Religion At the end of March 2018, just under half of the prison population was of a Christian faith (48%) – a decrease of just over 10 percentage points compared to June 2002. The proportion of Muslim prisoners has increased from 8% in 2002 to 16% in 2018. This is compared to only 4% in the general population!!

I'll live with the positive ones, hellooooo gorgeous Polish ladies, hellloooooo a construction industry with only a 10% shortfall in workforce.
Around 2007 I was seeing a rather gorgeous estate agent. She told me about a conversation that she had with a big local builder.

She asked him if times were hard now that the market was being swamped with Polish builders and plumbers.

His response. No. It was for the first year, and a lot of independents/sole traders had gone out of business as they had been undercut by the Poles. However now business was booming as the Poles might have been hard working but they weren't very good. He was making an absolute killing fixing the mess that the Poles had made and he no longer had competition from British firms.

Edited to change The to She.

Last edited:
The disagree is for the bolded bit above. Official figures show otherwise see below ...https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN04334/SN04334.pdf

snip Ethnicity As at the end of March 2019, just over a quarter of the prison population was from a minority ethnic group – this figure has stayed relatively constant since 2005.

Source: MoJ Offender Management Statistics Quarterly, October to December 2018, table 1.4; NOMIS, Census 2011. Note: 1% of prison population does not have a recorded ethnicity. As the chart illustrates, compared to the population as a whole, the non-white population is over-represented within the prison population. In the prison population, 27% identified as an ethnic minority, compared with 13% in the general population. Religion At the end of March 2018, just under half of the prison population was of a Christian faith (48%) – a decrease of just over 10 percentage points compared to June 2002. The proportion of Muslim prisoners has increased from 8% in 2002 to 16% in 2018. This is compared to only 4% in the general population!!
He doesn't seem keen on addressing this, does he?

Interesting.

One point: ethnic minority isn't the same as immigrant, unless you're of the Bernard Manning persuasion.

Seems i was getting mixed up; last time i had a "is immigration a good thing" conversation it was about economics, not crime.

You're right, all immigrants are criminals.

Tyk

LE
Interesting.

One point: ethnic minority isn't the same as immigrant, unless you're of the Bernard Manning persuasion.

Seems i was getting mixed up; last time i had a "is immigration a good thing" conversation it was about economics, not crime.

Nope, but an excessive proportion of criminals are immigrants or 2nd/3rd/4th generation parts of communities that have utterly failed to integrate and don't regard themselves as British at all.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Interesting.

You are a bit cynical Spec, Most of our immigrants are of good quality, The few that work for me are certainly top quality, the only worry that I have with these is that they may become contaminated by the indigenous. However there are elements in the country that should not, and have no right here! The ones that contaminate our 'hard fought' lifestyle etc should be 'Hoofed!'

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Sometimes, one just has a moment of clarity.

Mine just now was this:

Multiculturalism is not about celebrating difference. It’s about retaining a captive vote.

What a cynical, nasty ploy - and this is the result.

Around 2007 I was seeing a rather gorgeous estate agent. She told me about a conversation that she had with a big local builder.

She asked him if times were hard now that the market was being swamped with Polish builders and plumbers.

His response. No. It was for the first year, and a lot of independents/sole traders had gone out of business as they had been undercut by the Poles. However now business was booming as the Poles might have been hard working but they weren't very good. He was making an absolute killing fixing the mess that the Poles had made and he no longer had competition from British firms.

Edited to change The to She.
Polish builder has bought my sisters old house has done a stunning job doing it up. I deal with Eastern euro workers on a daily/weekly basis when the Poles found out some Romainians/Bulgarians were coming over even they commented that would drop the price for works.

I normally find dealing with the Romainans hard work their English is shite pretty sure the streetworks tickets they have are mickey mouse ones and you need to keep a constant eye on them as you'll pull them for not working to spec make them fix it then come back next day and find them doing the same. Even seen recruitment agencies ask for Romainians only as they will work for the lowest price on the market.

Issues we've had to deal with so far, Drinking on site, Kidding on not speaking English, Wolf whistling at school kids and in one instance nearly getting chased out of dodge by the locals, Scrapping on site and the one that instigated it getting KO'd.

Last edited:

Latest Threads