Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 kids exploited

Probably pissing in the wind there but it would be a demonstration of something.
Probably demonstrating that we've entered a parallel dimension.

As you rightly stated, in reality it'd never happen.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
18 years? Getting better... maybe 18 years per offence, consecutively not concurrently?
These particular types among us are part of Blairs's wonderful multicultural nation. Whereby Ghettos are established in his effort to break up nationalism and the fact that these types are more likely to vote labour! Hence Abbot, Vaz, and others similar presiding over us! I do acknowledge the many good immigrants that we encounter, but some do make the whole idea a failure.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
...just Googled, as i thought, maximum is life.

Perv is 32. Life = 40 years.
8 years is 20% of available sentence.

Are there rapists 5 times worse? How?

Intriguingly, the one who absconded to Pakistan may be interested to hear the sentence there is death.
Read the report, one rapist with 5 counts of rape = 14 years!

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Yeah, a demonstration that the British judicial system just rolled back several centuries, nodding amicably at the Nazis as it passed.

You pair of bell ends.
Getting past the ad hom for a moment, we've had demonstrations in some of the towns where these events have happened against the proposed fitting of CCTV in taxis. Others within those communities have reacted to (as it turns out, valid) accusations and criticisms with counter-accusations of racism and Islamophobia.

In too many cases, there has hardly been contrition. The main preoccupations have been with deflection and not getting caught - or, if caught, getting away with it.

A voluntary tithe would be a very good way of one community (because the community angle is played most thoroughly and repetitively) showing another that it accepts culpability from within and is prepared to make reparations. It would also reflect a tradition from within that community of offering recompense to those damaged or hurt.

If you're talking about rolling back several centuries, then yes you're talking about the consequences of having to to deal with a culture which is archaic.

If you're talking about Nazism, then yes you're talking about a culture which sees some ethnicities as being of significantly less value than others and therefore to be treated as entirely without consequence.

Anyway, what was your point?

Getting past the ad hom for a moment, we've had demonstrations in some of the towns where these events have happened against the proposed fitting of CCTV in taxis. Others within those communities have reacted to (as it turns out, valid) accusations and criticisms with counter-accusations of racism and Islamophobia.

In too many cases, there has hardly been contrition. The main preoccupations have been with deflection and not getting caught - or, if caught, getting away with it.

A voluntary tithe would be a very good way of one community (because the community angle is played most thoroughly and repetitively) showing another that it accepts culpability from within and is prepared to make reparations. It would also reflect a tradition from within that community of offering recompense to those damaged or hurt.

If you're talking about rolling back several centuries, then yes you're talking about the consequences of having to to deal with a culture which is archaic.

If you're talking about Nazism, then yes you're talking about a culture which sees some ethnicities as being of significantly less value than others and therefore to be treated as entirely without consequence.

Anyway, what was your point?

Point was twofold;

1. Collective punishment is wrong.

2. You're hardly helping the goal of integration by having special cases.

On (2), my preference would be ro remove any tax breaks, subsidy or other special consideration for any religious groups, with the possible exception of the established Church. I'm all for religious freedom but I'm not paying for it. If you want to live in a devoutly Islamic area, there are ever such a lot to choose from, most with better weather than the UK.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Point was twofold;

On (2), my preference would be ro remove any tax breaks, subsidy or other special consideration for any religious groups, with the possible exception of the established Church. I'm all for religious freedom but I'm not paying for it. If you want to live in a devoutly Islamic area, there are ever such a lot to choose from, most with better weather than the UK.
Not sure I see any reason for subsidy or tax breaks for any religions at all. They’ve leached of the gullible for far too long. Apart from that, I agree with you.

Not sure I see any reason for subsidy or tax breaks for any religions at all. They’ve leached of the gullible for far too long. Apart from that, I agree with you.

I would leave the door open* to the CofE being treated as a special case because of the historical position it holds. Personally, I'm not for it based on what i know but it's not something i have studied.

Bin all charity status for all religious organisations apart from those engaged in purely secular, that is, with no strings attached re. conversion.

* when I'm PM; surely anyone can have a go, now the standard has dropped so low.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Point was twofold;

1. Then there was an issue of interpretation. Hence my point about a voluntary tithe. 'Tithe' is perhaps the wrong term. 'Reparation(s)' might be better. And I'd stress voluntary and the absence thus far of contrition.

2. Special cases in what sense? Genuinely, I feel that this has only happened because for too long some sections of the community have been getting away with it on account of being treated as/allowed to be special cases.*

*In all instances such as this, the litmus test is to turn whatever is going on through 180 degrees and ask if the same were happening in reverse it would still be continued fair. I'd suggest that for too long, and until relatively recently, there's been too much kid-glove treatment gone on. But then I think we're all in broad agreement on that.

Point was twofold;

What integration. The group we are talking about do not want to integrate.
We need to accept and then deal with that.

What integration. The group we are talking about do not want to integrate.
We need to accept and then deal with that.
Good point containing a wider one.

What to do about people who take a British passport but in no sense consider themselves British? Further, those who act in ways that actively damage society? There's a range of opinion on this and merit in most positions on that range- not at either extreme ("send them home" and "let anyone in").

Good point containing a wider one.

What to do about people who take a British passport but in no sense consider themselves British? Further, those who act in ways that actively damage society? There's a range of opinion on this and merit in most positions on that range- not at either extreme ("send them home" and "let anyone in").
We have the choice of gaoling them for life or deporting them when we can.
Nothing else will work unless you choose Capital punishment which I don't.

Latest Threads