Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 kids exploited

Quite enlightening and informative - it shows the part Islam has to play in these child pedo gangs, made up mostly of Muslims.

Have you been wrongly branded 'racist' yet by Bravo_Bravo and his ilk for bringing this to our attention?
Wrongly?

You're a racist, despite all of you sub EDL type "But Islam isn't a race" guff.

That article is an absolute mess. There's no explanation as to which parts of the Quran were being quoted or how she knew they were actually real. The description of religious behaviour is in fact cultural behaviour and her understanding of religious violence is vague & thin.

It reads like the words of a journalist who's mate watched a documentary about the Rotherham case.
What a crock of shite. Perhaps you'd like to call these kids on the BBC, liars and rubbish their evidence while you're at it:

Rotherham abuse victims tell their stories

Some people are just not capable of growth and learning. Outright denial and ignorance leads to victims being ignored, and sacrificed to human trafficking and rape gangs. Whether you like it or not, these victims get to speak out about their experiences and about the criminals.

What a crock of shite. Perhaps you'd like to call these kids on the BBC, liars and rubbish their evidence while you're at it:

Some people are just not capable of growth and learning. Outright denial and ignorance leads to victims being ignored, and sacrificed to human trafficking and rape gangs. Whether you like it or not, these victims get to speak out about their experiences and about the criminals.
His attack wasn't on the victims, it was on the shit quality of the reporting.

I haven't read it, so I've no basis to suggest whether he's right or not, but going on past performance, he's probably got a point.

Not at all. It's very important to hear the testimonies of the many, many victims of abuse in Rotherham and elsewhere. There are far too many people who dont understand the extent of the problem, the effects of the CSE & the long term impact on societal cohesion.

I'm all for confronting the difficult questions. In these cases, I believe that bad culture & state inaction has got us to this point. On the subject of religion, I've not seen or heard any other sources sharing stories such as the one shared in the Independent link. That doesn't mean that it's a lie but it also doesn't indicate a wider pattern.

I recognise that there is a deeper hostility towards Islam and Muslims in general. You're entitled to your opinions & I'm not here to sermonise to those who won't hear but let's not pretend this link is more than a mirror to your own faces.

Not at all. It's very important to hear the testimonies of the many, many victims of abuse in Rotherham and elsewhere. There are far too many people who dont understand the extent of the problem, the effects of the CSE & the long term impact on societal cohesion.

I'm all for confronting the difficult questions. In these cases, I believe that bad culture & state inaction has got us to this point. On the subject of religion, I've not seen or heard any other sources sharing stories such as the one shared in the Independent link. That doesn't mean that it's a lie but it also doesn't indicate a wider pattern.

I recognise that there is a deeper hostility towards Islam and Muslims in general. You're entitled to your opinions & I'm not here to sermonise to those who won't hear but let's not pretend this link is more than a mirror to your own faces.
I don't mince words and I've no idea what you're going on about.

The point is your opinion of that victim and the article. I'll not join in the waffle: you referred to a newspaper article clearly written by a victim of CSE. Your thoughts and opinions on that victim, the victim's article, and the value of the testimony, are unequivocal.

That article is an absolute mess. There's no explanation as to which parts of the Quran were being quoted or how she knew they were actually real. The description of religious behaviour is in fact cultural behaviour and her understanding of religious violence is vague & thin.

It reads like the words of a journalist who's mate watched a documentary about the Rotherham case.

The point is your opinion of that victim and the article. I'll not join in the waffle: you referred to a newspaper article clearly written by a victim of CSE. Your thoughts and opinions on that victim, the victim's article, and the value of the testimony, are unequivocal.
You think it was clearly written by the victim, probably because you want to, but it doesn't read like a coherent description of a personal experience. It's a collection of opinions, descriptions of events abroad and some very vague and non-committal personal experience. She might have written it, but it doesn't read that way. In all seriousness, does that article or testimony appear elsewhere? That might be the easiest way to settle this to be honest.

That article is, in fact, as pointed out - a load of bollocks.
The majority of Pakistanis you see hanging around kebab houses, revving up souped up cars and blaring out rap music, stopped going to mosque just as soon as they were old enough to punch their uncle Aftab back!
Edit :A vague comparison would be to assume Northern Ireland issues are in fact related to differing interpretations of the bible.

The bit in the article about being aspiring “gangstas” is largely correct though.

Last edited:
You think it was clearly written by the victim, probably because you want to, but it doesn't read like a coherent description of a personal experience. It's a collection of opinions, descriptions of events abroad and some very vague and non-committal personal experience. She might have written it, but it doesn't read that way. In all seriousness, does that article or testimony appear elsewhere? That might be the easiest way to settle this to be honest.
The point is your attitude to the victim and that article, nothing else. Neither you nor I can say for sure that the article was fake. The victims in several instances choose anonymity, obviously for their own safety. Unscrupulous people on the Internet could harass them and call them liars.

Chucking in irrelevancies and non-sequiturs again, you're refuting testimony presented by a victim, without the slightest justification. This is what happened in Rotherham. And try not to patronise; that also happened in Rotherham and look what happened.

If we ignore and denigrate these people when they speak out through the media, the consequences and implications should not need spelling out.

You are an apologist for a religion that should be confined to the Dark Ages it sprang from.
Your point about most Pakistani's is probably true. it doesn't mean the culture they are brought up in doesn't affect many of them.
PS. I have exactly the same attitude to the RC religion.

I've just done a quick search on the pseudonym of the Independent article, Ella Hill . Funnily enough, it doesn't pop up anywhere else. No other mainstream news outlet has wanted to touch that article with a barge pole. Again, I'm not calling her a liar or that article an example of misinformation clickbait, but it's been edited in such a way that it doesn't contribute meaningfully to the wider issues around CSE in Rotherham and other places where the authorities failed to act accordingly to cases of CSE.

I've just done a quick search on the pseudonym of the Independent article, Ella Hill . Funnily enough, it doesn't pop up anywhere else. No other mainstream news outlet has wanted to touch that article with a barge pole. Again, I'm not calling her a liar or that article an example of misinformation clickbait, but it's been edited in such a way that it doesn't contribute meaningfully to the wider issues around CSE in Rotherham and other places where the authorities failed to act accordingly to cases of CSE.
Explain why that is the victim's fault. And how your super spidey senses can prove it was a fake report bearing no relation whatsoever to victims' experiences at the hands of vicious paedophiles. And how does that work with cognitive dissonance?

There are plenty of other articles by victims; BBC or Channel 4 for instance. 'Sarah' Wilson in The Telegraph; we should probably dismiss her too. Or Sammy Woodhouse.

None of these victims has made or makes it a racial issue, far from it. Every reasonable, honest person knows and concedes that CSE and child abuse is not confined to Islam. The news and courts are full of this stuff.

Sammy particularly, like most of them, abhors Islamophobia and right wing bellends. No idea what they think of the victim culture, or the nominally oppressed calling them liars and making it a racial issue. Or those bellend 'white professionals' that Nadir Afzal was talking about.

Explain why that is the victim's fault. And how your super spidey senses can prove it was a fake report bearing no relation whatsoever to victims' experiences at the hands of vicious paedophiles. And how does that work with cognitive dissonance?

There are plenty of other articles by victims; BBC or Channel 4 for instance. 'Sarah' Wilson in The Telegraph; we should probably dismiss her too. Or Sammy Woodhouse.

None of these victims has made or makes it a racial issue, far from it. Every reasonable, honest person knows and concedes that CSE and child abuse is not confined to Islam. The news and courts are full of this stuff.

Sammy particularly, like most of them, abhors Islamophobia and right wing bellends. No idea what they think of the victim culture, or the nominally oppressed calling them liars and making it a racial issue. Or those bellend 'white professionals' that Nadir Afzal was talking about.
Prove it wasn’t a fake report too then.

Prove it wasn’t a fake report too then.
Are you fourteen? This isn't a game for retards. Grow up. Without any evidence, you and your mate questioned the veracity of a victim's experiences in a newspaper. I'd think that unless people stick up for these kids against these kind of asinine discussions and bellendery, they'd be pretty much on their own dealing with morons.

BAP made an unjustified and unprovoked attack on a victim's statement. He regrets it, if he has an ounce of decency in him. Thanks for playing.

Are you fourteen? This isn't a game for retards. Grow up. Without any evidence, you and your mate questioned the veracity of a victim's experiences in a newspaper. I'd think that unless people stick up for these kids against these kind of asinine discussions and bellendery, they'd be pretty much on their own dealing with morons.

BAP made an unjustified and unprovoked attack on a victim's statement. He regrets it, if he has an ounce of decency in him. Thanks for playing.
No he didn’t. You have comprehension issues, as demonstrated.

@javaguzzisti , I base my opinion on having grown up in a predominantly Asian area, knowing full well the general attitudes of Pakistani males of a certain age.
Question for you - do you think the troubles in Ireland are religiously motivated or - religion is just a common denominator amongst the separate factions? Do you think the IRA are pious and devout catholics or...just do weddings, funerals and christenings?

I have listened to some of the harrowing testimonies of the victims from the Rotherham cases. They are very hard to listen to and what makes it worse is knowing that they were abandoned by the different institutions that could have helped them. It's the details in those accounts which differ from the anonymous Independent article. In addition to that, it is perfectly reasonable to question the writer's qualifications for discussing issues beyond her own purported experiences, such as what is happening in other countries. It may well be that she is an academic or law enforcement professional who is privy to reliable information, or it might be something else but we won't know if it's not explained.