Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 kids exploited

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
What article did you listen to?
The account given by the Beeb member of staff who was only 2 metres from the incident went into a lot more detail, and described what the attacker had said.
Not in the news version I saw and heard.

BBC TV coverage yesterday of the Manchester stabbing failed to mention Islam once, just said that the perpetrator had yelled ‘God is great’ in Arabic.

The non-mentions are getting absurd.
It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together. Likewise when the words 'Operation Trident are investigating' it gives you a clue as to whodunnit.

It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together. Likewise when the words 'Operation Trident are investigating' it gives you a clue as to whodunnit.
No, it doesn't.

But were this somehow deemed to have been a racist attack, you can be damn sure that that would have been mentioned right up front.

It would not have been beyond the bounds at all to describe it as a 'terror attack with potential links to Islamism', but that wasn't done either. Why not?

Also, as with other cases, he's been detained for mental health reasons. It may well be that the individual concerned has issues - it this stage, we don't know. It may also be that he's a religious fanatic with links to a given religion.

Clearly, I needn't name the religion as one can put two and two together.

Forgive my sarcasm. I stand by my point.

No, it doesn't.

But were this somehow deemed to have been a racist attack, you can be damn sure that that would have been mentioned right up front.

It would not have been beyond the bounds at all to describe it as a 'terror attack with potential links to Islamism', but that wasn't done either. Why not?

Also, as with other cases, he's been detained for mental health reasons. It may well be that the individual concerned has issues - it this stage, we don't know. It may also be that he's a religious fanatic with links to a given religion.

Er... I don't actually disagree with anything that you said mate.

No, it doesn't.

Your original point was correct, but to be blunt, when I heard the Beeb chap saying the attacker was using a kitchen knife and shouting that 'if 'you' keep bombing muslims then this kind of shit will keep happening, and also shouting 'Allah' there really wasn't any need to clarify anymore, and his cause/objection was obvious.

Funnily enough, or perhaps not, the Beeb chap (who had the knife pointed at him less than a minute earlier) didn't bother to ask the chap what if any religion he followed :)

Not in the news version I saw and heard.
Shame, BBC five live had the chap who was on the platform 2 metres from the attacker on the line saying what he had seen and heard.
It was good to hear praise for British Trabsport Police too.

No, it doesn't.

There's a report on the BBC today about a "racist attack" in Germany.

Funny how quick they were to report it in that manner...

Your original point was correct, but to be blunt, when I heard the Beeb chap saying the attacker was using a kitchen knife and shouting that 'if 'you' keep bombing muslims then this kind of shit will keep happening, and also shouting 'Allah' there really wasn't any need to clarify anymore, and his cause/objection was obvious.

Funnily enough, or perhaps not, the Beeb chap (who had the knife pointed at him less than a minute earlier) didn't bother to ask the chap what if any religion he followed :)
Soon to be 'ex BBC employee'
What... Not mental health issues then?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Link. Please. It wasn’t in the original reports.

In fact, no need. It wasn’t in the original reports.

Link. Please. It wasn’t in the original reports.

In fact, no need. It wasn’t in the original reports.
As I said, It was on BBC Radio 5 live, and involved a BBC employee who was on the platform watching what happened.

Perhaps you have an agenda, and haven't figured out that a person actually on the platform and faced with the attackers knife might not be able to give an account more quickly than a journalist who wasn't there and had to be told of the attack later.

If you can be bothered to spoil your own theory that it wasn't broadcast you will know the report I'm referring to when you find it as the chap on the line says he has to say 'stuff' will continue to happen as the attacker used a different word instead of stuff that he couldn't say on air.

If it helps you find the person who you say 'didnt' talk about this, the chap who did talk about this is a BBC Radio Five live producer called Sam Clack.
For further help on when he 'didnt' say this, it was before Andy Burnham made a statement on the attack, as the report mentioned that Andy Burnham would be making a statement later.

Last edited:
What was the argument about, again?

Ah, yes, **** all to do with the past, and ongoing, rape if thousands if British children by gangs, numbering in their hundreds, of 'British' Pakistanis (with a few other 'Asians').

As I said, It was on BBC Radio 5 live, and involved a BBC employee who was on the platform watching what happened.

Perhaps you have an agenda, and haven't figured out that a person actually on the platform and faced with the attackers knife might not be able to give an account more quickly than a journalist who wasn't there and had to be told of the attack later.

If you can be bothered to spoil your own theory that it wasn't broadcast you will know the report I'm referring to when you find it as the chap on the line says he has to say 'stuff' will continue to happen as the attacker used a different word instead of stuff that he couldn't say on air.

If it helps you find the person who you say 'didnt' talk about this, the chap who did talk about this is a BBC Radio Five live producer called Sam Clack.
For further help on when he 'didnt' say this, it was before Andy Burnham made a statement on the attack, as the report mentioned that Andy Burnham would be making a statement later.
No agenda here. I’m usually among those who shoot down the more xenophobic.

It was the TV coverage on BBC1.

The guessing game's over:

A man has been charged with raping a 14-year-old girl on New Year's Day.

The teenager was attacked at about 09:00 GMT, close to the Charter Walk Shopping Centre car park in Burnley, police said.

Lancashire Police said Nassar Iqbal, 30, of Castle Street in Brierfield, Nelson, had been charged with rape, sexual assault and robbery.

The 30-year-old will appear before Blackburn Magistrates' Court later, the force added.
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

OK, not really.