Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 kids exploited

It'll probably depend on the standing of the wife's dad because it sounds like she's married someone from back home. If the community is a series of cousins then it'll be brushed under the carpet and perhaps some conspiracy which defends the rapist will be promoted locally.

Potentially the wife and kids could be in for a rough ride if they don't have a tight, supportive network looking out for them. The rapist will have been the main bread winner so there will be a cash flow issue.
Have you any idea of how little sympathy I have here?

I'm seeing on social media that some Sikh groups are trying to promote the idea that the Sikh offender only converted after he'd been arrested as a way of making Sikhs look bad where Islamist groups are saying that he was born a Sikh to Sikh parents.

I'm seeing on social media that some Sikh groups are trying to promote the idea that the Sikh offender only converted after he'd been arrested as a way of making Sikhs look bad where Islamist groups are saying that he was born a Sikh to Sikh parents.
I have seen about 5 different versions of it now including converting to Islam to be part of the grooming gang then converting back! The most believable one so far is that he was from a Sikh family but wasn't religious and didn't wear a turban or have a beard so when he started wearing a turban and grew a beard in 2013 people thought he had converted. There are also claims that the beard and turban appeared when the police investigation started and it was an attempt to make it harder for victims to identify him.

... But contrast with this:

Last year, I had a run-in with a local 'character' in which he came off second-best. I got threats to person and property via social media and, because such people tend to turn up gang-handed, I called the police.

Time taken to respond? 10 days.

Which of those two incidents had the potentially more dire consequences?
Obviously wasn't a priority nor a hate crime mate.

Funny that, since the National Police Chiefs' Council states that "the public expects the police to protect them from harm" (NPCC Delivery Plans). Good luck with that.

And aiui, the national (internet) hate crime hub - announced with a fanfare - is generously staffed by four officers; damp squib.

Tokenism, all of it; never enough resources and cash.

Obviously wasn't a priority nor a hate crime mate.

Funny that, since the National Police Chiefs' Council states that "the public expects the police to protect them from harm" (NPCC Delivery Plans). Good luck with that.

And aiui, the national (internet) hate crime hub - announced with a fanfare - is generously staffed by four officers; damp squib.

Tokenism, all of it; never enough resources and cash.
A friend, a former police VSO, summarised it thus: ‘We are supposed to prevent not just crime but also the fear of crime. We don’t. We fail.’

Hate Crime was a New Labour invention. It covers nothing that couldn't have been covered by adequate application of then-existing laws.

But the consequences of 'targeting' are specious. An example:

A few years back, a police car turned up at my local pub. Just up the road from the pub is a mosque, and someone inside had heard the word 'P*ki' used as a bunch of young lads had walked past. These lads were identified as having just left the pub.

The bunch of lads concerned is multiracial and there was banter going on within the group which led to one of the Asian members getting a well-natured jibe about his origin - it's very much a two-way thing. But that had a police car on-scene within minutes.

To his credit, the copper concerned was embarrassed from the start, and more so when the likely cause of the 'Hate Crime' was related to him by the pub's landlord. He made a point about 'prevalent' offences and off the record was very apologetic.

As ever, it's the guys on the ground who bear the brunt.

But contrast with this:

Last year, I had a run-in with a local 'character' in which he came off second-best. I got threats to person and property via social media and, because such people tend to turn up gang-handed, I called the police.

Time taken to respond? 10 days.

Which of those two incidents had the potentially more dire consequences?
You should have told them he called you a naughty name...

1. I'm white.

2. Hate Crime only flows one way.
Rookie mistake, mate. You should have told them you Self-Identify as a Lesbian Woman trapped in a Man's Body. Armed Response, PSU, CID and the K9 unit would have rocked up. And the Chief Constable would have popped round the next day to make you a nice cuppa and hold your hand.;)

I too was constantly troubled by the angst of being a frustrated woman trapped in a man's body. But I found release by visiting local parks at around midnight. There I encountered helpful men who gave me some very relieving therapy,

I too was constantly troubled by the angst of being a frustrated woman trapped in a man's body. But I found release by visiting local parks at around midnight. There I encountered helpful men who gave me some very relieving therapy,
Jarrod walt

There's such a thing as sharing too much, old boy.:eek: