Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 kids exploited

I'm surprised that he is still alive as apostasy is punishable by death in Islam....
Apostasy in Islam - Wikipedia
snip "According to Abdul Rashied Omar, the majority of modern Islamic jurists continue to regard apostasy as a crime deserving the death penalty"

You talk as though Islam is one vast centrally organised outfit that peers over every Muslim's shoulder. I used to work with a Muslim who used to go to the pub with the rest of us on a Friday night and drink just as much beer as everyone else.

I'm surprised that he is still alive as apostasy is punishable by death in Islam....
snip "According to Abdul Rashied Omar, the majority of modern Islamic jurists continue to regard apostasy as a crime deserving the death penalty"
Yes it's almost like he wasn't very religious, his family weren't very religious and his friends weren't very religious. Scumbags, but not Islamists.

Yes it's almost like he wasn't very religious, his family weren't very religious and his friends weren't very religious. Scumbags, but not Islamists.

@ "Endure" as well, I know I too have Muslim friends who drink but are very careful who knows about it and when I was in Morocco one of the busiest depts. in my local Marjane supermarket was the booze section. But I was talking apostasy... denying/changing the faith. Look what happened in these cases Muslim charged after fellow Muslim who wished Christians 'happy Easter' brutally murdered
and
Muslim student beaten so hard he thought he was dying for wishing someone a merry Christmas
and these chaps hadn't even changed faith just were being sociable.
Then of course there was the Rushdie case where just for gently mocking Islam he had a fatwa put on him and is still in fear for his life.

I wonder if the Sikh guy in the latest case converted for marriage? That seems like the most likely reason imo.

Either way, it undermines the narrative that these abusers were in some way extremely pious individuals carrying out abuse to fulfil their deeply held religious beliefs.
I don't think anyone has ever suggested that they are doing it because they are devout. But according to the victims, the police, social services and researchers most of them have claimed their religion allows them to treat non-Muslims like this.

And these local councils where these abuse cases have been festering need to be disbanded and raised again from the foundations upwards.
Government funding for intervention and children's centres is falling; "slashed by over a quarter, over five years". But in any case, the obvious and reported systemic failures would probably still exist.

Sack collaborating councillors, and put dysfunctional authorities under special measures by all means (if central government had the will). But it's no good disbanding councils while dystopian public services are unfit for purpose and budgets are continually slashed.

Under accusations of admin failures and neglect: councils have been asking for urgent financial support from central government.

Children's services have barely been adequate over the last decade or earlier, but recent black holes have rendered children's services delivery virtually impossible.

Under a government that "lacks ambition": Child Protection (and Mental Health) Services have been "inadequate and inconsistent" for some time.

Government spending on children at risk of neglect or abuse slashed by more than a quarter in five years

MPs criticise 'unambitious' children's mental health green paper

I don't think anyone has ever suggested that they are doing it because they are devout. But according to the victims, the police, social services and researchers most of them have claimed their religion allows them to treat non-Muslims like this.
Sadly some people, including on this forum, expressed exactly that opinion that they were fulfilling a religious obligation specifically targeting non-Muslim girls.

You talk as though Islam is one vast centrally organised outfit that peers over every Muslim's shoulder. I used to work with a Muslim who used to go to the pub with the rest of us on a Friday night and drink just as much beer as everyone else.
I once attended a lunch meeting with a senior manager who was a Turkish Muslim. We ordered the salad and orange juice all round. He arrived and ordered the pork with a bottle of the house red before pi$$ing himself laughing at us.

My neighbour is an observant Muslim. He gets up at 4 o'clock in the morning to pray and wears traditional clothes to go to the Mosque. He wouldn't harm a soul and you'd be hard pressed to find a more pleasant bloke.

As you say, the problem isn't with Muslims. It's with arrseholes who happen to be Muslims and the problem is exacerbated by the lack of a hierarchy of religious leaders to interpret Islamic doctrine. There's no Muslim Pope so Muslim's can make it up as they go along. Having said that, the Pope didn't do much to stop the abuse of children in the Catholic Church.

Consider ISIS/ISIL/Daesh or whatever they are called this week. They ran slave auctions where young women and girls as young as 9 were sold to be raped. Self appointed "scholars" like Anjem Choudary, who can't even read Arabic, were queueing up to justify behaviour like that because, somehow, god said it was OK.

The presence of sharia "courts" in the UK that are allowed to flout English law as well as get out of jail free cards for everything from animal welfare to voter fraud, it is perhaps unsurprising that some of our countrymen view themselves as above the law.

The whole mess is neatly summed up by one of those police on camera shows that I saw a while ago. The Met's finest were attempting to arrest a drunk and highly disorderly Scotsman in the West End. Did he protest his innocence? Did he resist arrest? He did nothing other than continually repeat the phrase "I'm a Muslim".

@ "Endure" as well, I know I too have Muslim friends who drink but are very careful who knows about it and when I was in Morocco one of the busiest depts. in my local Marjane supermarket was the booze section. But I was talking apostasy... denying/changing the faith. Look what happened in these cases Muslim charged after fellow Muslim who wished Christians 'happy Easter' brutally murdered
and
Muslim student beaten so hard he thought he was dying for wishing someone a merry Christmas
Then of course there was the Rushdie case where just for gently mocking Islam he had a fatwa put on him and is still in fear for his life.
Murdered and beaten by Islamists rather than rapey groomers.

I once attended a lunch meeting with a senior manager who was a Turkish Muslim. We ordered the salad and orange juice all round. He arrived and ordered the pork with a bottle of the house red before pi$$ing himself laughing at us.

My neighbour is an observant Muslim. He gets up at 4 o'clock in the morning to pray and wears traditional clothes to go to the Mosque. He wouldn't harm a soul and you'd be hard pressed to find a more pleasant bloke.

As you say, the problem isn't with Muslims. It's with arrseholes who happen to be Muslims and the problem is exacerbated by the lack of a hierarchy of religious leaders to interpret Islamic doctrine. There's no Muslim Pope so Muslim's can make it up as they go along. Having said that, the Pope didn't do much to stop the abuse of children in the Catholic Church.

Consider ISIS/ISIL/Daesh or whatever they are called this week. They ran slave auctions where young women and girls as young as 9 were sold to be raped. Self appointed "scholars" like Anjem Choudary, who can't even read Arabic, were queueing up to justify behaviour like that because, somehow, god said it was OK.

The presence of sharia "courts" in the UK that are allowed to flout English law as well as get out of jail free cards for everything from animal welfare to voter fraud, it is perhaps unsurprising that some of our countrymen view themselves as above the law.

The whole mess is neatly summed up by one of those police on camera shows that I saw a while ago. The Met's finest were attempting to arrest a drunk and highly disorderly Scotsman in the West End. Did he protest his innocence? Did he resist arrest? He did nothing other than continually repeat the phrase "I'm a Muslim".
My bold .. that lovely chap who wants this early photo of him taken off Facebook when he was busy enjoying himself.

3,000?

It's not about the money, it's about the inevitable knock on effect this will have for certain minorities in the UK.

Who else knew about it and why was it not reported I wonder?
I was in the Met and heard rumours that Northern and Midlands constabularies were not diverting resources to investigate allegations of race-sexploitation crimes by Asians, as car crime had a higher Home Office priority.
I did not believe it to be possible.
I was wrong.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
They're only Islamic when it comes to saving their neck and able to play the race card.

Last edited:
...and a race issue, race should be allowed to be an issue, to pretend otherwise will end in bloodshed and a pogrom. The perpetrators, yet again, were all asian men (and why do they no longer say Pakistani, Bangladeshi or Indian), the victims were all white caucasian Brits. When one race targets another that's racism, racism we are told, in whatever form, needs to be tackled wherever it occurs. Should I hold my breath.....?
As a CAD room controller, we had an allegation by a white victim that she had been raped by three west indians who called her a white b**ch, white **nt, etc, during the attack, and it had been classified as racial aggravated serious sexual assault, quite rightly. On handing over to the next shift, the well educated, very experienced, west indian female CAD controller, immediately downgraded it to just a serious sexual assault, stating that only white people can be racist.
Even after being shown the legal definition, she stated that she had never heard of anything so ridiculous.
I suppose upbringing and perception can differ greatly.

As a CAD room controller, we had an allegation by a white victim that she had been raped by three west indians who called her a white b**ch, white **nt, etc, during the attack, and it had been classified as racial aggravated serious sexual assault, quite rightly. On handing over to the next shift, the well educated, very experienced, west indian female CAD controller, immediately downgraded it to just a serious sexual assault, stating that only white people can be racist.
Even after being shown the legal definition, she stated that she had never heard of anything so ridiculous.
I suppose upbringing and perception can differ greatly.
Please tell me you have had a port and lying

and
Such a peace loving lot ..........I hope they RIP very soon.

@Andy Farman - Professor John Drew CBE (reviewing South Yorkshire Police’s handling of child sexual exploitation cases between 1997 and 2016) examined ‘missed opportunities’ by senior officers at the "highest level".

"CSE crimes had not been a higher priority for SYP, at that time", and the independent review found the ("dominant") national policing priorities were burglary, robbery and car crime.

Two police officers suspended in Rotherham abuse scandal crime probes

“Having listened carefully to all who wanted to talk about this issue, I am left with the firm impression that attempts to raise the profile of child sexual exploitation between 2000 and 2009 were met with lack of interest or professional curiosity by most officers in the more senior ranks of the force.

“Common sense suggests that this must have been in no little part due to the importance attached to national priorities. “The leadership of SYP could reasonably have expected their local authority partners to know more about child sexual exploitation and to raise these issues with them..."
---------
Huddersfield, Rochdale, Derby, Rotherham, Newcastle, Oxford, Aylesbury, Telford and more towns around the country: abuse and trafficking patterns across the board are similar.

Question, what mobilised or mobilises an entire demographic to do this shit, en masse?

Moreover, police, and health and social workers were aware of what was happening but did nothing. For years, excuses have included the twisted idea that the kids were consenting, and whistleblowers and discussions would be branded racist. Plus ça change.

While the Government still has no effective overall strategy for the health and social care sectors, and while local authorities' budgets are slashed: MPs have said there is "no realistic prospect of progress".

'No realistic prospect' of plan to join up health and social care, MPs warn

@BarcelonaAnalPark
The article says the rapist is a father of five. Do you have any idea how will their community act towards his wife and kids ?
It'll probably depend on the standing of the wife's dad because it sounds like she's married someone from back home. If the community is a series of cousins then it'll be brushed under the carpet and perhaps some conspiracy which defends the rapist will be promoted locally.

Potentially the wife and kids could be in for a rough ride if they don't have a tight, supportive network looking out for them. The rapist will have been the main bread winner so there will be a cash flow issue.