Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 kids exploited

St Stephen of the Bus Stop.
Yes he clearly deserved to be stabbed and killed by a white racist gang linked to organised crime families who were also, err, linked to some rather corrupt police officers. The original Met Police investigation was a complete travesty of justice.

Yep, Stephen Lawrence Must Die.

After cleaning up the Augean stables of Rotherham they could start on Oldham, Bolton and Accrington for starters and Slough. On second thoughts, just nuke Slough out of existence.
Come, friendly bombs, and fall on Slough! It isn't fit for humans now, There isn't grass to graze a cow. Swarm over, Death!

Given the sordid history and details, and the prevalence of CSE, one wonders about the sanity in rejecting criminal offences for social workers and safeguarding agencies failing to act on abuse. The sector has had ample time to police itself; multi-agency responses have been dire, Rochdale abuse victims ignored by social workers, review finds - Community Care.

Childrens' Services inter alia would have been subject to rules on mandatory reporting. Duties to act would have included sanctions for practitioners consciously taking no action or an action that was insufficient or inappropriate. Regulator sanctions and entries under the DBS system were other non-starters.

Criminal offences for social workers who fail to act on abuse rejected by government

Sanctions for frontline practitioners, managers, and agencies, under government legislation, would have given good cover. If they'd been in place we wouldn't be in this mess. And if the latest case for mandatory reporting and sanctions on practitioners --‘duty to act’ for professionals working with children-- was "unproven" and dropped recently, then opportunities have been wasted again. The most vulnerable people and those with learning disabilities have been exploited.

Wholesale failures still happen and they can't simply be blamed on funding cuts, some of it's ignorance Met police still failing on child protection policies, report finds. To be fair, protecting and managing children against predatory paedophiles and organised criminal CSE gangs must be a nightmare task. Even so, the UK Care and safeguarding system has long been a miserable failure.
Which is why my gut feeling is that that law should force the hand of those that lack moral courage. I can accept that sometimes there may be trust issues in building a relationship with a victim before getting the cavalry, however I think back to what I heard years ago with respect to things like racism:

If you do nothing - you condone it.

@Fang_Farrier once posted the NHS Scotland guidelines regarding this (underage sex and if or not it needs action) - and they are not as blunt as some may fear.

Last edited:
Which is why my guy feeling is that that law should force the hand of those that lack moral courage. I can accept that sometimes there may be trust issues in building a relationship with a victim before getting the cavalry, however I think back to what I heard years ago with respect to things like racism:

If you do nothing - you condone it.

@Fang_Farrier once posted the NHS Scotland guidelines regarding this (underage sex and if or not it needs action) - and they are not as blunt as some may fear.
Without all the criminals and sick delinquent perverts, we wouldn't have systematic sex crimes and paedophilia on this scale. Those who can't or won't be honest about that and refuse to face up to it will be left behind, because the tide's turning.

As for the wholesale systemic failures, there are probably several factors and considerations at play, all getting in the way besides PC constraints, a certain rigid and venal secular belief system, and familiar LMF. You may have hit on the root, lack of moral fibre and intransigence when it came to policing paedophilia and widespread violent CSE. Even to the sacrifice of children and traditional morality. As someone said above, society has been on the other side of the Looking Glass.

Last edited:
As someone said above, society has been on the other side of the Looking Glass.
I disagree. I think those with executive power have been at odds with what a majority of the public, had they been adequately informed, would want to have happen(ed).

Wider society in the UK is appalled by both the deeds and the deliberate obfuscation, I would suggest.

I disagree. I think those with executive power have been at odds with what a majority of the public, had they been adequately informed, would want to have happen(ed).

Wider society in the UK is appalled by both the deeds and the deliberate obfuscation, I would suggest.
I'll put it another way and agree with you, executives running our societies have led the aggregate into this mess. I'm not sure how much influence and say the wider public has ever had, while they've been under PC thumbs and kept in the dark.

However it's not all doom and gloom; Newcastle has taken initiatives following the Spicer Report: "“I think as a society we have to be aware and think the unthinkable. We have got to assume the worst.”

Northumbria Police’s DCC agrees and said that for him to sit there and say Northumbria Police have got a lid on this problem, or that they have solved this problem, would be wrong. The problem still exists but they are absolutely not complacent. This remains one of the biggest challenges for Northumbria Police and Safeguarding is a priority for him.

The Chronicle said that a serious case review found no evidence that complainants were disbelieved or that there was a reluctance to act for fear of political correctness, as has been seen in other areas of the UK.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/operation-sanctuary-sex-abuse-girls-14328007

I'll put it another way and agree with you, executives running our societies have led the aggregate into this mess. I'm not sure how much influence and say the wider public has ever had, while they've been under PC thumbs and kept in the dark.
Re. the second sentence: once over I would have said rather a lot, in terms of votes. However, in a sane world you'd never again have seen a Labour official elected in Rotherham after what has come out. The reality demonstrates the blinkered and partisan nature of some people's politics.

Re. the second sentence: once over I would have said rather a lot, in terms of votes. However, in a sane world you'd never again have seen a Labour official elected in Rotherham after what has come out. The reality demonstrates the blinkered and partisan nature of some people's politics.
You reminded me of a Trish Mercer book. Politics honours people without them actually doing anything, they don't have to concede, admit, sacrifice, or change anything significant. "They just tack a few meaningless letters up on a wall, some self-important men say some forgettable words, a few people cheer without knowing why but do so because it’s expected, and then everyone decides they’re satisfied. That, Peto, is politics.”
"That's rubbish!"
"Same thing.”
The Falcon in the Barn

Compare and contrast with St Stephen Lawrence coverage. Wheeled out at least once every six months for the last 20 years, sometimes with weeks of main news coverage.

And before anyone grandstands about racially motivated murder, there have been at least 4 girls murdered by these scumbags or as a direct result of their actions.

Missing girl's body 'put into kebab'

Griffin was almost jailed for speaking out about grooming in 2004-05.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is the BBC steadfastly ignoring the Telford scandal?

Actually no it is just not me plenty of other people are suggesting the same:

The BBC’s shameful silence on the Telford sex scandal | Coffee House

To be fair to the BBC, they have just had a lengthy piece on this subject on this mornings Victoria Derbyshire show. Interviewed a brave young lass who was involved in the abuse and also read out a number of emails which highlighted the prevalence of Asian grooming gangs.
The subject matter is beyond shocking. PC led thinking has brought this country to this point in time and our Liberal minded Lords and Masters should hang their heads in shame for allowing it to carry on for so long, for fear of encouraging ‘racial stereotyping’.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C The NAAFI Bar 2824
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 1
pandaplodder ACF 20