Rotary AME position in Ontario, Canada.

This is an excellent company with an expanding market presence. They offer good benefits and would give a trained AME a great opportunity for a secure position after their military service.
I am guessing l am the only one on here who holds their M1 and M2, and can say it’s not very easy jumping the pond at the moment. There is a glut of AME’s kicking about right now and importing ones not TC licensed from the UK might be a tad tricky, in 2019 it would have been simple.

Carbon 6

War Hero
I am guessing l am the only one on here who holds their M1 and M2, and can say it’s not very easy jumping the pond at the moment. There is a glut of AME’s kicking about right now and importing ones not TC licensed from the UK might be a tad tricky, in 2019 it would have been simple.

Yes, this post was directed more towards those living here in Canada, but if the present difficulties with immigration could be overcome, it would be a great opportunity for a British ex-service technician. My son flies for the parent company and they’re a good bunch of lads.

In the past the British Licence was convertible to Canadian just by taking the legislation exam.
Then along came E.A.S.A.

We would like you Canadian fellows to recognise our licence.

That would be fine and E.A.S.A. will reciprocate?

No!!!

So that would be f*ck off then!!!!.

Last edited:
Yes, this post was directed more towards those living here in Canada, but if the present difficulties with immigration could be overcome, it would be a great opportunity for a British ex-service technician. My son flies for the parent company and they’re a good bunch of lads.
I am quite familiar with them and yes they seem like a good company to work for, but not a very popular bunch within the industry at the moment because of their ethics.

In the past the British Licence was convertible to Canadian just by taking the legislation exam.
Then along came E.A.S.A.

We would like you Canadian fellows to recognise our licence.

That would be fine and E.A.S.A. will reciprocate.

No!!!

So that would be f*ck off then!!!!.
Well if it makes you feel better, once you have your M1 or M2 in Canada if you want your septic A&P license all you have to do is take written and oral tests in the US, easy peasy.....

Carbon 6

War Hero
I am quite familiar with them and yes they seem like a good company to work for, but not a very popular bunch within the industry at the moment because of their ethics.

If you’re referring to the cross-border flights, we’ve discussed the ethics of that a few times. It’s definitely considered a grey area, but they are following the Government rules.

If you’re referring to the cross-border flights, we’ve discussed the ethics of that a few times. It’s definitely considered a grey area, but they are following the Government rules.

Just being nosey; whats that about cross border flights, I assume you mean into the US?

Just being nosey; whats that about cross border flights, I assume you mean into the US?
Yes, what happened is rather than going through border crossings in your vehicle you would take a heli from Canada to the US and avoid the hassle. Companies take your vehicle across and you pick it up at for instance Buffalo, then go on your merry way, works vice versa as well. It skips the essential services clause with border crossing as it only applies to land crossings.

I know they are using a loophole, and having worked in the industry for decades, l also know what the word on the street is. They’re a very trustworthy company when it comes to airworthiness, customer approval, etc, but there’s not a lot of AME’s eager to be associated with them at the moment, l can’t speak for pilots though. Your son is lucky to work for them, beats the hell out of working in some shïtehole in the north.