Rossini's, The Thieving Magpie, backing music for new TV Add, for lawyers. ( you couldn't make it up)

Somebody somewhere had a brain storm, "let's put some classical music as a backing track to another advertising campaign for injury lawyers, gives it some semblance of respectability and gravitas"
All of which sums up the stereo type feeling toward lawyers, money grabbing bunch of thieving arseh@les, ...allegedly. I hope the lawyers in suits on the 5th floor have a sense of humour, they will need it in spades, when the world and his wife cotton on to the massive cock up by their advertising company

Last edited:
1568913401615.png

Lacking a sense of humour are we,?
There's nothing funny about your abysmal English.

How apt - Rossini's "The Thieving Magpie" is backing music for new lawyers' TV ad.

Have you considered Adult Education classes to while away your twilight years?

They should have used rap music.

I can’t see anything wrong with a legal firm using La Gazza Ladra- it’s about the ultimate righting of a miscarriage of justice.
I had more of a problem when bloody Marillion used it.

Somebody somewhere had a brain storm, "let's put some classical music as a backing track to another advertising campaign for injury lawyers, gives it some semblance of respectability and gravitas"
All of which sums up the stereo type feeling toward lawyers, money grabbing bunch of thieving arseh@les, ...allegedly. I hope the lawyers in suits on the 5th floor have a sense of humour, they will need it in spades, when the world and his wife cotton on to the massive cock up by their advertising company
You watch adverts? How quaint. Have you not heard of the mute button? Alternatively, record your programmes and FF through the crap.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
As the vast majority of the audience the ad is aimed at could not name the tune then I think it irrelevant, but a nice in- house joke.

I certainly did not know it was called that and had to Google it, although I have heard it before, I would not have been able to name it.

You watch adverts? How quaint. Have you not heard of the mute button? Alternatively, record your programmes and FF through the crap.

Not watching, I was in the kitchen making a brew, and the music caught my ear, I saw the last few seconds of the add when I walked back in. Advertisements are for brewing, toilet, and other mundane tasks, 5-6 minutes is long enough.

Yes, “rhythmic shouting of random aspirations of misogyny, substance abuse and violence” is my catchy name for that particular genre. Or “shit” for short.
I make that "rsoraomsaav" which I can probably only pronounce whilst vomiting.

Unremarkable

Old-Salt
I've come across worse.

Gordon's Gin - 'Pictures of Matchstick Men' (I think): Including the line "I see your eyes a funny kind of yellow". One outward sign of having reaped the unfortunate rewards for chronic over consumption of said product.
Some car or other - 'Space oddity': Now, who doesn't continue the song beyond the excerpt played? The bit immediately after the advert ends - "Here am I, sitting in a tin can..."

Latest Threads