Rossi to move to Ducati

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by bmal, Jun 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It was always going to happen. I'm not sure why Rossi doesn't want to race with Lorenzo anymore?

2. Probably because lorenzo is going to win it this year, with rossi being injured
  3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I think Lorenzo would win even if Rossi was not injured.... but this is good news, Rossi needs an "enemy" to be at his best... :D
  4. he is very good your right, rossi really does like to make things hard for himself, good luck to him
  5. i read in MCN that rossi could be back in 3weeks, but i can't imagine that!
    i agree, lorenzo is the star this year. ben spies is moving to fiat when rossi is out, should be interesting.
  6. Should make for some good race viewing next year then!
  7. As good as Lorenzo is, had Vale not been injured, I still don't think he would have won this year. The only real challenge he faces now is from Dovizioso and Pedrosa.

If Vale moves to Ducati next year he will finish in the top 3 and win it in 2012.
  8. It's going to be 5-6 months. The break was really nasty and its taken 5 operations to get it right.
  9. Now as much as Id like to see Vale on a Duke, wasn't MCN the same people/journo's to break the story about him "signing for Ferrari for an F1 drive" ..??

Large pinch of salt I think... but yep, I cant wait to see him back and giving it big licks again.. he is at his best when hes under pressure and has an "enemy" to ride against so to speak..

Heal fast Vale and get back out there - no matter what bike youre on !!
  10. Be interesting to see Rossi on something different.

Whilst I agree there is no love lost between Rossi and Lorenzo,I personally think that Rossi was getting bored at Yamaha,and wanted/needed a change,however the fact that Yamaha has reduced his contract from 14 million euros to 9 million euros is a bit of a kick in the bollox,whilst Ducati upped its offer to 15 million euros,plus a few little sweetners,could also have something to do with it.

Given the new engine size change scheduled for 2012 but could be here next year,I think Rossi,and Burgess might spend 2011,with Ducati helping to develop a bigger engine,whatever happens it's going to make Moto GP so much more lively.
  11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Bored are we? :D

It is MCN and the rumour has been about before, but a couple of other sources seem to agree with this one.
    Will Burgess go along or will he retire I wonder.......
    Ducati don't have to worry about paying Rossi as an Italian sponsor will pick up that tab I guess.
  12. I was told in the Media Centre at Valencia last year that Rossi was going to Ducati and Stoner was off to Honda.

This was by a very reliable source.

I was also at Assen last weekend and the same source told me that Ducati have offered Valentino 15million Euro, and Yamaha only 9 million. They are cutting his wage to give Jorge an increase. Valentino doesn't like that.

Burgess will move with him.

This is going to happen. He'll also be back by Brno from what I'm hearing. Hope so, because I'm going to Indianapolis.
  13. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I guess Ducati will be stuck with Hayden then .... US bike market is big I suppose.

I need a new lid - think I might wait until next year.... :)
  14. Guess the FIAT sponsorship will stay in house next year then-Ducati on GOAT's machine,then on Ferrari second team in 2012.Spies would kick his arrse on a 1000 cc cross-plane crank works M1 anyway :)
  15. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

History suggests that Spies will struggle to get to the very top of MotoGP with his superbike background.
    For me Stoner and now Lorenzo look to be the strongest to pick up the Rossi crown - but Rossi has a few more years yet if the drive stays strong.