Ross Kemp MBE?

I'd happily agree with Ross Kemp being awarded an MBE. He's brought the plight of squaddies in Afghan into most living rooms in UK. The man's got bottle and it would make a change from some overpaid ball chaser getting one.

Run_Charlie! said:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=132856395157&ref=nf

ROSS KEMP FOR A MBE FOR GOING WHERE NO OTHER REPORTER WOULD DARE TO GO
I think recognition is required! Not forgetting the camera man/team.
To be fair, Chris Terrill did as well - but he got a green lid in the process.

Spot on about Kemp and his team though.

If footballers can get it for services to sport then I'm sure that Ross would more than qualify for services to media, and the forces.

Personally I think he deserves more, to bring him above the footballers and lollipop ladies

C

GT2001 said:
Give the man the MBE... He has done more for the Forces than Ted Kennedy did for the N.I. Peace process. Still fcuking fuming about that... so get this signed chaps!

Ted's knighthood - lets kick it into touch!
Signed - I didn't even know that there was a petition on the go - many thanks

I think he deserves it for getting rid of his zanu mrs Rebeca Wade last week

Signed. Hope R.K. gets some reward,and I hope more Paras get theirs too.

This just highlights the stupidity of some people.

Normally people petition to get something changed or implemented that requires some form of ministerial or other higher imput.

When it comes to honours, people can be nominated by any member of the UK.

If you really wan't to make a difference then put your money where your mouth is and go through the correct motions.

I've done my bit and got the paperwork for you.

Honours Nomination Procedure

Otherwise, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, fucking sheep!

jack-daniels said:
With the time he spent out there did he qualify for OSM? Or are they just for embedded reporters?
The Media are not on operations nor are they part of any service. I don't know what the qualification criteria but awarded it to anyone outside the military is a disgrace and devalues the award.

Carry on like this and just give him the VC and be done.

G

GLESGA-NED

Run_Charlie! said:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=132856395157&ref=nf

ROSS KEMP FOR A MBE FOR GOING WHERE NO OTHER REPORTER WOULD DARE TO GO
I think recognition is required! Not forgetting the camera man/team.
I think you are Ross. Fancy putting yourself up for a gong :oops:

In all seriousness I think he deserves a lot of respect for what he and his camera team have done. Tea and medals all round.

Oh and someone please point me to the DIN or authority that qualifies reporters for military medals :?

FiveAlpha said:
I'd happily agree with Ross Kemp being awarded an MBE. He's brought the plight of squaddies in Afghan into most living rooms in UK. The man's got bottle and it would make a change from some overpaid ball chaser getting one.
Seconded.

It would be pleasant to see him get one. The man has risked quite alot in order to do the right thing in a position he is fortunate enough to be in.

Ofcourse he knew he was going to get paid but as do the Hair Gel wearing posers when they're kicking a bag of wind around on some grass.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
dingerr said:
Otherwise, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, fucking sheep!
Could you keep your attempts to ingratiate yourself and get a Mods job to the NAAFI where I'm sure your obsequiousness will be noted?

Thanks.

tropper66 said:
I think he deserves it for getting rid of his zanu mrs Rebeca Wade last week
In another question she was asked: "Do you find it intolerable to live with the respondent?" She answered: "Yes."
LINK

Think some person is suffering from short term memory loss seems good grounds for a case although rare and occasionally there are good reasons to file a cross petition

Good luck Ross hope you are awarded the MBE