Ross Kemp is back showing the reality of war in his third series

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by singha61, Jun 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BFBS
    Ross Kemp’s first time in Helmand was on Herrick 6 back in 2007.

His award-winning series “Ross Kemp in Afghanistan” was highly acclaimed for bringing the realities of the war into living rooms across the UK.

He made a second series the following year and has just returned to Helmand, to film a third series on the conflict.

The new series will attempt to address the big issues, as well as show the reality on the ground, spending time with 45 Commando, and with the US Marine Corps in Musa Qala.

The new series will be broadcast in the autumn.

Ross Kemp is back showing the reality of war in his third series | British Forces News

2. And after my advice telling him he shouldn't do a third series.

3. Maybe he should just stick to Ultimate Force for authentic British comedy

• Like Like x 1
  4. HHH

HHH LE

Fair play to him, his first 2 were good and he does a lot for injured soldiers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Met him in Bastion just after he'd arrived last month.....shouted comment from Jock patient in the Role 3;
    ' Hey Ross , ye've put some beef on son ! '

Given the fact that everyone loses weight in AFG regardless of what they are doing, I charitably wondered if he had deliberately put on some pounds beforehand :) .....

[​IMG]
    (mind you given the baggage train that his team brought with him, he'd lose it all just heaving camera bags on and off the Chinook......Louis Vuitton's worst nightmare... )

keep the nut down Ross - and spare a thought for the cameraman :)

6. Bit dissapointed he is going with the US marines anyone? But hey, he needs to see if there has been any "progress" in Musa Qala since 2008. Should be a good watch.

7. There's been quite a bit of progress since the Parachute Regiment stopped relinquishing Musa Qaleh to the Taliban without a fight.

• Like Like x 1
  8. This'll be good.... ;-)

9. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

well they were too busy greasing up tv presenters and making them play 'squeal like a piggy' to actually fight anything.

10. I bet a reply involves the word hat.

• Like Like x 1
  11. beer and popcorn, get your beer and popcorn here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

****ing hat ****... ;)

• Like Like x 3
  13. The truth. A cold dagger to the heart.

Be it from a hat or otherwise.

14. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Personally I couldn't give a toss as I wasn't there.

15. Well that was hardly ****ing worth it!

• Like Like x 2