Ross Kemp in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by The_0ne, Jan 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen a preview stating it starts on Monday 21st January on Sky One :D
  2. When this hits, can some IT god post the programme as I am a pikey peasant without Sky television.
  3. Me too since Virgin fell out with Sky.
  4. looking forward to it seen alot of adverts about it
  5. Should be interesting how Mr Kemp handles 4 weeks 'on the front line'!
  6. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

If he sticks to the same format he used with the Vikings it should be:-

1/ A right good program to watch.

2/ Actually get through the thick heads of civ pop what the troops actually do for a living.
  7. I'm out there now and was told that after his last patrol he was that knackered that he needed an extended break to relax, good on him though, and he is older than me ha ha
  8. Volunteered again... Mug!

Must be trying to get himself killed. Fecking good on him though. Still have mucho respect for anyone willing to stand next to Bluefor whilst they get shot at (UNARMED).
  9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Bought it on DVD the other day & watched it right thru.Feck it was good & honest,Sad in places but made me proud of our lads.
    Gents keep safe.
  10. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Got it on DVD a few months back. Funny in places (in a typical squaddie way), real eye opener for those of us that are still civvies, and very moving when Kemp interviewed the families of the casualties.
  11. I'm sure the man was playing by the rules, regardless.

Got the series on DVD during a boring tenure at Leconfield, after having not seen it aired.
    I was astounded.
    To be honest, I expected a very diluted, civvi-friendly version of happy happy playtime.
    Turns out that No, the man did excellently. Didn't avoid the issues, seemed to have a very genuine relationship with the men, and most importantly, was brutally honest about the entire thing.

I applaud Ross Kemp's efforts, without a doubt the best favour we've been done by anybody in recent times.
  12. Who gives a fcuk? As you may or may not have noticed he had more important things on his mind!