shiny

Old-Salt
Me too since Virgin fell out with Sky.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
If he sticks to the same format he used with the Vikings it should be:-

1/ A right good program to watch.

2/ Actually get through the thick heads of civ pop what the troops actually do for a living.

I'm out there now and was told that after his last patrol he was that knackered that he needed an extended break to relax, good on him though, and he is older than me ha ha

Volunteered again... Mug!

Must be trying to get himself killed. Fecking good on him though. Still have mucho respect for anyone willing to stand next to Bluefor whilst they get shot at (UNARMED).

Bought it on DVD the other day & watched it right thru.Feck it was good & honest,Sad in places but made me proud of our lads.
Gents keep safe.
Spike

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
spike7451 said:
Bought it on DVD the other day & watched it right thru.Feck it was good & honest,Sad in places but made me proud of our lads.
Gents keep safe.
Spike
Got it on DVD a few months back. Funny in places (in a typical squaddie way), real eye opener for those of us that are still civvies, and very moving when Kemp interviewed the families of the casualties.

I'm sure the man was playing by the rules, regardless.

Got the series on DVD during a boring tenure at Leconfield, after having not seen it aired.
I was astounded.
To be honest, I expected a very diluted, civvi-friendly version of happy happy playtime.
Turns out that No, the man did excellently. Didn't avoid the issues, seemed to have a very genuine relationship with the men, and most importantly, was brutally honest about the entire thing.

I applaud Ross Kemp's efforts, without a doubt the best favour we've been done by anybody in recent times.

DB_Cooper said:
just watched this and thought it was awesome , one thing that confused me though the OC of B coy was wearing what looked like aussie 4 RAR para wings on his right arm now is he an aussie officer on longlook or is he ex aussie army if so looks like he was incorrectly dressed as you can only wear foreign wings on your right chest if you have brit wings not wear foreign wings in place of brit wings
Who gives a fcuk? As you may or may not have noticed he had more important things on his mind!

Z

Zarathustra

DB_Cooper said:
Who gives a fcuk? As you may or may not have noticed he had more important things on his mind!

i was just wondering if hes an aussie officer on long look or if hes ex aussie army and joined the british army im not excusing the bloke of being a walt because it looks like to me he must still be a serving Aussie officer attached to the brits , but if it make you feel better mate go and sew some wings on your uniform you licker
He became my Coy Comd half way through the tour (the bit in the series where he is replaced funnily enough). He was in the Australian Army before transferring to the British Army.

DB_Cooper said:

i was just wondering if hes an aussie officer on long look or if hes ex aussie army and joined the british army im not excusing the bloke of being a walt because it looks like to me he must still be a serving Aussie officer attached to the brits , but if it make you feel better mate go and sew some wings on your uniform you licker
Okay dude. Well next time you go on tour pick a few of the lads up for wearing Civvy coats hats etc.

I do hope you're not a leader of men with that attitude. I'd say who gives afcuk as long as he's doing his job properly.

How may transferee's do you know from different units/corps/regiments etc who always keep some visual affiliation to their own/old unit. Pretty much everyone I've ever met.

Closet_Jibber said:
DB_Cooper said:

Okay dude. Well next time you go on tour pick a few of the lads up for wearing Civvy coats hats etc.

I do hope you're not a leader of men with that attitude. I'd say who gives afcuk as long as he's doing his job properly.

How may transferee's do you know from different units/corps/regiments etc who always keep some visual affiliation to their own/old unit. Pretty much everyone I've ever met.
As far as I'm concerened,as long as he does his job & brings his men back alive where possible,is liked by his men (and it does look like he was well liked & respected from what I saw on the DVD) & cares for his men,he can wear stockings & sussies if he wants too.

I actually never had much time for Ross Kemp until my wife got me the DVD of his tour with the Anglians. Much respect and deep admiration for the geezer now. He came across as genuinely caring not only for the lads, but for the bereaved families he took the trouble to visit and convey his condolences. Lottsa very eye-irritating dust flying around in the Bugsy household at that moment.

Nobody forced him to do what he did, he just wanted to give your normal Tom a voice and a personality amid all the total bollix filmed and written. He did that most admirably, without a lot of unnecessary pathos and concentration on him as a star, while really showing the nitty-gritty of what the lads are subjected to on a daily basis.

My only real criticism (if you could call it that) is that the lads are just so supremely good at what they do that their drills kick in upon contact and you don't really get the proper feel for just how fückin' DANGEROUS such situations are!

Anyway, loadsa respect from me for Ross Kemp. A diamond geezer who supports the Armed Forces without reservation.

MsG