Ross Kemp Afghanistan Program

Excellent so far yet again, some of those shots of the Javelin going off is impressive.
Respect to the lads interviewed about the blue on blue incident.
If he doe's not win any thing for this series i will be surprised it good to see he is there to tell their story.
respect to you all and be safe.
Kemp and his team have done an excellent job. He also seems to have a knack of explaining in simple terms to the viewing public what the guys are trying to do on particular phases of the patrols. The military guys clearly trust him, and so far that trust has been justified.

A very moving episode tonight. The maturity of those young lads, well beyond their years, shone through.
Poor George almost lost it when the letter was read out at the end of the O-group.

What an absolute sh1tter to have that happen to your platoon.

What a bunch of warriors to crack on and with such views on the incident.

Respect, again, to all of them.
Funny how attitudes to Ross Kemp have changed since this programme has been aired.The guy was only acting a script before.This is for real.
He's not even a journalist,but has done a fantastic job here.
Top marks.
Is he planning to do any more 'Ultimate Force'? I don't imagine he's all that excited about the idea now. God knows I'm not.

On the other hand, I'd love to think of him telling the director, "Nah, that's not how you do it when you're really getting shot at".
Absolutely humbled the way the Tps, the Pl Comd and Pl Sgt stood up to the interviews, a very different type of courage to be able to do that.

Also hats off to the lads the way they praised the US Airforce and not encriminated or slated them. Very, very professional!
Am I just being old fashioned or was last nights programme spoiled by the O-Gp scene?

Overall i thought the Regiment came across extremely well at a very difficult time in their tour. They were proud and proffessional in the way they conducted their Post incident interviews and rightly refused to condem the Americans.

What let them down was the "Ally" approach to the orders process. Since when has it been acceptable to attend an Orders group for a difficult and dangerous mission in shorts and flowery shirts? The O-Gp was poorly delivered, even allowing for the filming, and had scenes of Officers and NCOs lounging about and paying little attention to the proceedings. A recent missive from the Acadamy Seargent Major and Infantry RSM refferred to exactly this point in relation to CinC's recent Afg visit.

Part of the hearts and mind battle in a culture like AFG that respects military ethos and standards can be won by looking the part. I am not advocating a return to Service Dress and Scarlet Jackets but a maintenance of basic military dress codes and formal process does help instill esprit de corps and a proffessional mindset.

I expect to be berated for these comments but as a member of the "front line" club I am entitled to make them!!