• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Rosette for the frontline?

I have recently spent 21 days out in a FOB. On my return, some sappers were discussing that if you spent more than 20 days out in a FOB you are entitled to a rosette on you're medal.

Now, I'm sure there is more to it or there is some catch. Am I entitled to one? Or is it only if you served in a war like the first couple of months on Telic 1?

Nightrained said:
I have recently spent 21 days out in a FOB. On my return, some sappers were discussing that if you spent more than 20 days out in a FOB you are entitled to a rosette on you're medal.

Now, I'm sure there is more to it or there is some catch. Am I entitled to one? Or is it only if you served in a war like the first couple of months on Telic 1?
Nice one, you also get free entry to all the nightclubs in Chatham and a free ride on the pig of your choice. :roll:
No rosette, just the Afghanistan bar and a rosette to wear on the ribbon on your 2's, not the medal.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Nightrained said:
Sapper145 said:
dropshortRE said:
I got a rosette for my medal. :w00t:
Yep, the rosette is worn on the ribbon alone on your 2's, not with the medal. For info:

Linky
So why is a rosette worn with the ribbon?
Simply to indicate that you have earned the clasp, which can only be worn with the medal.

Legs said:
Nightrained said:
Sapper145 said:
dropshortRE said:
Yep, the rosette is worn on the ribbon alone on your 2's, not with the medal. For info:

Linky
Simply to indicate that you have earned the clasp, which can only be worn with the medal.
So you couldnt see that bit in the link someone kindly went to the trouble of supplying you with ???????
Kids today!

By the way......my last day in green today !! 8O :? :D

Only two times has it been authorised to wear a rosette on the medal: Falklands war, south atlantic medal inside the exclusion zone. Operation Barras rescue mission, Sierra Leone.

greasyjoe said:
Legs said:
Nightrained said:
Sapper145 said:
dropshortRE said:

Linky
So you couldnt see that bit in the link someone kindly went to the trouble of supplying you with ???????
Kids today!

By the way......my last day in green today !! 8O :? :D
My bold! Come and join the MPGS mate, you'll love it :wink:

Cheers Jock, its a mighty tempting offer, but got other plans. Could be moving your way soon if it all goes to plan. Is there any civvy IT jobs at your gaff? Give me a shout if there is!
Will keep in touch and let you what happens.

NO...It is not going to happen, these are all the same rumours we were getting on Herrick 4, next you will ask if you can wear the ISAF medal on your 2's and mess kit!

Nightrained,

Having read a FEW of your pieces you are one very young lad with an awful lot of time on your hands!! Take it you are on your first tour then with some of the Mnog questions you come away with.

Take a chill pill.

ps, plenty of seniors out there in the Corps are wearing the ISAF miniature tut tut tut

Sapper2484, just one for the Walts in your mess:

Miniature Medals

18. Miniature Medals and emblems must correspond exactly to the full size medals an individual is authorised to wear.

The above is taken from DIN Reference: 2006DIN10-002

greasyjoe said:
Cheers Jock, its a mighty tempting offer, but got other plans. Could be moving your way soon if it all goes to plan. Is there any civvy IT jobs at your gaff? Give me a shout if there is!
A lot of the civvies are being laid off due to the RAF jumping ship, so the future is uncertain at the mo, even though the duty rumours are flying about. I'll keep my ear to the ground though mate.

buggrit said:
greasyjoe said:
A lot of the civvies are being laid off due to the RAF jumping ship, so the future is uncertain at the mo, even though the duty rumours are flying about. I'll keep my ear to the ground though mate.
Sounds the norm! Cheers mate :)

I saw a guardsman get chewed a backside at remembrance parade in aldershot for having the rosette sewn onto his actual iraq medal ribbon. Obviousley done himself as well, it looked a right state!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MrBane Medals 3
G Military Clothing & Boots 1
Markintime Old & Bold 53