Rosemary Nelson Inquiry

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by gizmo17, May 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The lates inquirey has came out with an opinion that there was no Colluision but more could have been done to protect her.

As my memory serves me every effort to prevent/deter any attack was thwarted by Rosemary Nelson herself and Sinn fein complaining of Security forces presence in the area.

Is this another Politicaly motivated Inquirey produceing findings to pander to Sinn fein in order to keep them onboard?.

2. Republicans are now not happy with this decision... I wonder is it just that they won't be happy unless its the decision they want? For years they have had a view that Loyalists were to thick, to target and attack targets on their own, of course there was some collusion but there was collusion on the Republican side too. The troubles are ****ing over and no matter how much they try to take from the British Government, they will not advance their political will on the majority of my side of the community.

But anyway **** her, I'll not lose no sleep over her nor Pat Finucane.

3. I think that that,just about,sums things up.

4. Considering that she was banging Colin Duffy at the time and spent her life representing republican terrorists, no wonder she was a loyalist group target. The collusion line comes from the fact that at the time of the attack/planting of the device there were no security forces (SF) on the ground. Having worked on this incident, it was evident that the loyalists struck just after the SF in the had finished their patrols. The Republicans bleated about the fact that we were always there, then when one their own gets killed when we are not there, they call it collusion.

Hopefully this inquiry will put an end to it, but I doubt it. I can't wait for the Finucane inquiry to get going, lets dig up more stuff which will prolong a period of history which we should be putting to bed. I know the old adage that those who refuse to learn from history are bound to repeat it, but lessons have been learned. NI has the possiblity to move towards a peaceful future, however there will always be these who only look backwards. The problem is that if you are always looking backwards whilst moving forward, you are going to keep on crashing.

Ish

5. The enquirey seems to gloss over the fact that despite her own assertions and warnings from the RUC that she was under threat she didn't take the most basic of precautions of checking under her car.

6. Fuck me, he must have had rats taste in women!

7. The Shinners only want an enquiry into past events when it's in their "interest". When it doesn't suit them, it's "Everyone should accept the GFA, and move on"

Here's a prime example: BBC News - Sinn Fein 'get loyalist threats' over Mary McArdle

Gerry Kelly, and some other bitch with a made-up Gaelic name and a face like a bag of smashed crabs were just on the NI News saying, yes, you guessed it "We should accept the GFA bla bla bla"

As Tom Elliot might say "I would expect nothing else from the scum of Sinn Fein"

8. Everytime Scum Fein come under pressure they wheel out the OV's, with a death threat from them.....

Would rather hear on the news of a threat being carried through by the UV's

9. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Well I'm going to be over there in the next day or so, I hope this whining about the SF stops because for once I want to enjoy a bit of peaceful time off without these pointless demonstrations.

10. Well at least that Orange **** Wright got wacked good and proper!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Good and it wasn't Loyalists who had to do it, I look forward to Jonny Adair getting his 6ft box one day too, for what he done to the Protestant community.

And Ps, I don't think it was Wright who had that ugly bitch killed anyway.

12. From within perhaps ?

13. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

From without..........it was under the exterior of the car

14. Yawn!!!! but yep i walked into that one i was alluding to the theory that elements within PIRA/Sinn Fein facilitated her killing.

15. It was Loyalists who killed her, at the time she backed the Garvaghy Rd residents who were supported by Sinn Fein/IRA and Colin Duffy back then was still a Provo.