Rose and Laurel on ebay again

Surely nothing to worry about here......

Until you get a visit from the Branch, telling you that there is......

".....nothing to worry about here. "

It makes my blood boil that some people in the Corps are not looking after their journals properly. :evil:

There used to be a DCI / DIN whereby you could write to the editor of your journal stating that you did not want your name or photo to appear.

Well spotted P

cpunk

LE
subbsonic said:
It makes my blood boil that some people in the Corps are not looking after their journals properly. :evil:
The problem really is that it doesn't just go to serving members but to all members of ICA, some of whom are inevitably very old/ill and will die without 'properly disposing' of their Rose and Laurels. Looking at the other stuff this Ebay-er is selling, I would guess he buys books in house clearances etc, and this is probably where this came from...

fcuks sake...

...get over yourselves the corps rag can be downloaded over DII....its not cosmic-top-secret, neither is it mars & minerva...

this is the typical drivel i expect from the corps!

Surely most people from the '82 edition are well past giving a fcuk!

I mean, if someone wants to track anyone in it down they'll have to go about drawing huge moustaches on everybody to ID them from the pictures contained therein.

Surely this blurb, and it's content is security downgraded to such an extent that it does not matter where it ends up ?..........Intelligence people wanting to be feeling a bit special again eh ?

goon_bde said:
fcuks sake...

...get over yourselves the corps rag can be downloaded over DII....its not cosmic-top-secret, neither is it mars & minerva...

this is the typical drivel i expect from the corps!
Would that be as a member, or what exactly?

Sangreal said:
Surely most people from the '82 edition are well past giving a fcuk! .
Most, but not all.............when you find that your home address has been on a terrorist targetting list , in the hands of the peelers, nobody bothers to tell you, and you find out by accident after seven years :oops: ; it does rather alter ones perspective

subbsonic on 29 Sep 2005 12:48 said:
least we forget

In 1984 Peter Jordan, a retired schoolmater from Bristol was arrested outside a pub in Liverpool. Inside he had been seen in the company of an armed INLA ASU who had just arrived off the ferry from Eire. The case went to court and Jordan recieved a 14 year custodial sentance, this and most of what I recount is in the public domain.

The story of the night of the arrest is an epic tradecraft lesson in it's own right. SUBJECT had broken out through the inner cordon undetected, and but for the actions of a sole officer would have escaped.

A subsequent 3 month document-exploitation operation revealed that SUBJECT had corrcetly identified the names, home addresses and telephone numbers of hundereds of members of the Forces, Intelligence Services and the Judiciary. This included over 80 members of SF.

SUBJECT's key sources of information were Regimental Journals, newspapers, especially Court & Social, Soldier Magazine, Telephone Directories / 192 and the electoral rolls Some years after hisconviction, it became apparent that the initial damage assessment had been based on outdated PAMPAS printouts.

A sample taken, involving Corps and Regimental secretaries and other wise owls, such as RSMs and QMs indicated that there had been numerous other partial hits. Mr + Mrs Sonic, for instance, found their new house was on his list.

This is not the first, and will not be the last time we are bitten by this exploit. when the Argentine arrived in Port Stanley, he had in his back pocket, the Name, Rank, Number and Home address of every member of NP8901.... just how do they do that Des?? Well I think dark blue loggie has part of the answer. The excellent reference library in Portsmouth is another useful POI for Naval / RM Research.

If some of these items had been included as teaching points on the eBay seller's A3 course, perhaps we might not be going round this Bouy yet again. :roll:

PM me if you want to know the Op name. Who knows; the case file might have escaped the great Arnhem Block weeding campaign of 1994!!

[rant] [/rant]
When known republicans have been advertising on E bay for copies of R+L in the past 4 months perhaps the likes of Dragoon need to get out just a bit more?

In which case Subsonic, I would say that the 'Intelligent' people who write the content and edit this magazine and authorise its dispersal to Intelligence Corps people should have the good sense to ensure that the content is of no use whatsoever to terrorists, journo's and naughty people in general. If they fail to do this then that is their responsibility, not mine. And, strangely enough, I do get out quite often. Hope your aliens are not getting to you ?

subbsonic said:
When known republicans have been advertising on E bay for copies of R+L in the past 4 months perhaps the likes of Dragoon need to get out just a bit more?
Gerry can have all mine for a couple of grand! If a terrorist can track me down using the R & L, or any other open source resource, he deserves his chance to "bring it on".

The_Dragoon said:
In which case Subsonic, I would say that the 'Intelligent' people who write the content and edit this magazine and authorise its dispersal to Intelligence Corps people should have the good sense to ensure that the content is of no use whatsoever to terrorists, journo's and naughty people in general. If they fail to do this then that is their responsibility, not mine. And, strangely enough, I do get out quite often. Hope your aliens are not getting to you ?
clearly you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. every snippet of intelligence is useful and helps to add pieces to the jigsaw. i am not going to give you an idiot's guide to how it is done.

unfortunately the journal would have to consist of blank pages for it to be useless to terrorists, you facking ********. perhaps you should listen to people like subsonic, who know what they are talking about from first-hand experience, rather than trying to indulge in some petty oneupmanship.

The_Dragoon said:
Or perhaps you should be staying in the NAAFI bar or talking about penetration effects with the rest of your chimp buddies?

Edited to add. 'You fcuking tawt'

methinks dragoon did not attend his unit security brief....

cpunk said:
subbsonic said:
The problem really is that it doesn't just go to serving members but to all members of ICA
...occasionally...
, some of whom are inevitably very old/ill and will die without 'properly disposing' of their Rose and Laurels. Looking at the other stuff this Ebay-er is selling, I would guess he buys books in house clearances etc, and this is probably where this came from...
I've got large gaps in my collection. I bet they fit the disposals like a jigsaw. Who did the job on Templer?

ok, PM one of us "slimeys" your details, the sort you would be happy to appear in a regimental journal. name? unit? photo? bit of info about what sports or interests you have?

Hey, It's not my journal that keeps ending up on e-bay, it's not in my interest to PM anyone telling them anything about me, my background, the units I have been in or a photograph. I'll assume you shan't be sending me yours either.........?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HIGHLANDER_SPY Int Corps 24
Op_Int_and_Spy Int Corps 14
Phisy Int Corps 9