Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by the_guru, Apr 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Posting in here as I've limited access to other forums and PM restrictions.

What the fuck are they all about? I got them for something and nothing, which isn't the issue, but seriously, they aren't like real ROPs. I don't have to stick my best kit on for the Orderly Officer to check my backplates and collar dogs every night and I don't spend time peeling carrots instead of watching Corry. They aren't really a deterrent to anything. They just appear to be a way of a bit of Internet muscle flexing.

The other point is that I received a PM telling me that I was in them, do I get one telling me that they are lifted?

For you never served, fuckwit civvy camp followers, you'll not have a scooby what a collar dog is, will you?

Where's my avatar gone? Is that part of ROPs too? If so, it's fucking laughable.
  2. Your avatar is removed as part of ROPs. That's all I know.
  3. You'll get double now for insubordination.
  4. Just be greatfull you don't have to lay out your entire CEMO outside the guardroom for the local Lance Jack RP to rip into!

But back on topic, no I also fail to see what good virtual ROPs do.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Seriously?

That's hilarious. I don't know who's idea this form of "punishment" was, but it's pretty weak.

I suppose one of the big lads will be along to tell me the score in a minute in that ARRSE traditional manner.
  6. I don't know about that. It's got you dripping all over the internet like a bird's clunge at a fireman's convention, so it can't be all that weak.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Like Restricted Privilages while serving I suppose it's meant as a chance for you to mend your ways for a minor transgression, rather than sending you to the interweb equivalent of Colchester.
    You seem to think that the owners and their nominated MODs shouldn't bother enforcing the posted and simple to understand site rules because 'it's just the internet'.
    That's what the guy who called Fabrice Muamba a 'Gentleman of colour' on Twitter probably thought.
  8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I think it could be down to a lack of fat, downgraded, RP Sgt's in your area, although Werewolf might be up for it if you offer to pay his bus fare.

Have you still got webbing? D'ya fancy doing some Internet initiated change parades?
  9. I love threads like these.

I'm now wondering what the equivalent "punishments" are on forums such as "Ornate Model Villagers Discussion" and "The Hillman Minx Owners Club".
  10. I mentioned this a wee while ago.I got put on (just a silly misunderstanding) and I hadn't even realised,until after the fact.
  11. A)Discounted Bostick purchasing withdrawn.
    B)You have to drive a decent car for a week.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. As a former Oz chocko I have no fucking idea what a collar dog is.

However I can still see your lovely avatar on my iPhone.
  13. But still visible on an iPhone. I disagree with ROP'S when useful contributors are put on ROP'S we've still idiots like west point spouting shite. We've other members banned, what I think I'm saying is we have inconsistencies. It's hard to be a moderator though and it's thankless most of the time.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I spend a week away from my keyboard (not long enough for most of you) and the rules have changed.

As young Jarrod said, people getting banned and others on ROPs.

I don't even know if I can say "Cunt" anymore?

Can anyone assist.
  15. So the night of the long knives continues..........

Like Jarrod said above. While there are still wankers posting shite to genuine OP's questions, the site will either go sterile, or just turn into a waste of time.

The consistency of ROP's/Bans at the moment, makes premiership refereeing look perfect.