Roof rack for Honda.

My '03 Jazz passed its MOT again, gold fish in the rear foot wells not withstanding (small leak)
and seeing as I may have the maintenance contract for No. 2 sons up and coming house buy, I need something for carrying timber/ladders and from time to time my small scaffold tower(4'x4' H frame).

I have narrowed it down to a Thule 754 Rapid System or a Nordrive make, looks similar bit cheaper.
Heard of the Thule, never heard of the Nordrive.
Halfords model seems out of stock, also they are so bloody unhelpful.

Any input would be appreciated or any other make you have had experience with.

My '03 Jazz passed its MOT again, gold fish in the rear foot wells not withstanding (small leak)
and seeing as I may have the maintenance contract for No. 2 sons up and coming house buy, I need something for carrying timber/ladders and from time to time my small scaffold tower(4'x4' H frame).

I have narrowed it down to a Thule 754 Rapid System or a Nordrive make, looks similar bit cheaper.
Heard of the Thule, never heard of the Nordrive.
Halfords model seems out of stock, also they are so bloody unhelpful.

Any input would be appreciated or any other make you have had experience with.
Even though it’s not a direct comparison, I had a set of Thules for my GMC for over 20 years and they were well worth the extra cost. Used them for transporting canoes, kayaks, ladders, etc, and they stood the test of time with ease.

Another vote for Thule from me. The ones I have have taken a fair bit of stick Mine came with a fitting kit, although maybe that was because my car (Focus) is rather more common than a Jazz.

They both come with the full kit, bars, roof feet, hooks and locks.
I am leaning towards Thule though.

Ned_Seagoon

War Hero
I will now never buy anything other than Thule. They might cost a bit more but they are well designed, easy to use and last for ever. If you are going to just use it for journeys with timber etc, stick to the basic rectangular cross section. You would probably find it useful to add a pair of end-brackets. If your Jazz is likely to face journeys at speed on motorways, you might want to think about the aerodynamic version, more for noise reduction rather than any fuel economy.

I have used Thule for years, swapped between different cars just by changing the feet. In fact my first set came from my Father in Law and must be about 18 years old now. Check EBay as they may have some bars or feet for your car.

RP.

BaldBaBoon

War Hero
Thule voted for by me as well. I have a 2015 Jazz with them on, the more aerodynamic version. I it was about £200 with the fitting kit.

Be aware that the JAZZ does not have a huge weight capacity on the roof, something like 50 to 75kg?

Be aware that the JAZZ does not have a huge weight capacity on the roof, something like 50 to 75kg?

They will only be about 30 minutes away, so close enough for repeated trips with light loads.
I do have a set of lightweight triple extension ladders that I shortened to allow fitting inside the Jazz, that reach to gutter height.
But I much prefer to work off my longer, heavy duty set and the tower even more, old age setting in.

A couple of sacks and a ratchet strap through the windows would be better. Honda's don't like weight on the roof

The foot pack set has a maximum load limit of 75kg, I will be well within that.