ronnie james dio - RIP

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by maguire, May 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

Message from Wendy Dio
    Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

- Wendy Dio

\m/ \m/
  2. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Wigged out to many a Dio tune, Rest in Peace Ronnie you certainly made enough noise in life.
  3. RIP Ronnie..
    long live Rock 'n' Roll ...
  4. RIP Ronnie. :(

Never be another like him.

Back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth and Rock Gods ruled this was one of the first heavy metal tunes I ever got into, Dio at vocals:

Blackmore's Rainbow: Man on a Silver Mountain
  5. RIP - Rock on to the afterlife :(
  6. A sad day indeed, RIP Dio.
  7. Outstanding vocalist! sadly missed "Don't Talk to Strangers" \m/
  8. [​IMG]
    Rock on Ronnie :cry:
  9. RIP Heaven and Hell, 'horns-throwing' dude :(

A true legend.
  10. RIP Ronnie. Saw you numerous times. You will be sadly missed.
  11. Between him and Alice Cooper,I had ringing in my lugs for 3 days.Crackin' gig.

12. To some, Ronnie James Dio's music was misunderstood. to those that got it, he filled a void. despite his small stature, his voice was enormous. Having been with some of the largest bands in the world, Dio leaves behind him a lasting legacy. ~ We are all Rainbows in The Dark R.I.P.
  13. Shocked. I was aware he was suffering from the Big C, but hadn't realised it was so advanced.
    One of the best rock frontmen, akthough I didn't always "get" his lyrics! I will give Catch the Rainbow (from the debut album) an airing today in his memory. A fabulous track and one of my all time favourites. I have just looked at the album sleeve and it was recorded over 35 years ago! Christ, I feel old.
    RIP Ronnie and thanks for the memories.
  14. One of the true metal pioneers, his voice will be remembered for ever more.

He was only a small bloke but he had a giant voice.

"There's no sign of the morning coming
    You've been left on your own
    Like a Rainbow in the Dark"