ronnie biggs on the run again

Porridge_gun said:
If he is well enough to arrse about on a scooter he is well enough to return to prison to see out his sentence
Yeah cos he's a real threat to society eh :roll:

le_crabe_tambour said:
There are plenty of theives in prison that aren't a threat to society.

Are you of the opinion only people who commit crimes that endanger the public should be punished?

Porridge_gun said:
le_crabe_tambour said:

Are you of the opinion only people who commit crimes that endanger the public should be punished?

I can't see him returning to a life of crime at the moment and as the prisons are supposed to be overcrowded he'd only be taking space for someone more deserving of a custodial sentence...

So if you get sentenced because of a crime you commit, you should be allowed out and be free should you not be a threat any longer?

More deserving of a custodial? give your head a wobble, I'm pretty sure the chap who dieds family think he is deserving.

He was a volunteer to the prison regime remember, if he would have stayed home that day, or seen out his original sentence instead of leaping the wall, he'd be a free man by now.

le_crabe_tambour said:
Porridge_gun said:
If he is well enough to arrse about on a scooter he is well enough to return to prison to see out his sentence
Its not about whether he is a threat to society, its about serving his time for the crime he comitted. So what if he is an old man on his last legs, the fact is he comitted a crime that most certainly led to inability of a man to provide for his family and quite likely the death him and as such this old piece of shit needs to pay.

Porridge_gun said:
So if you get sentenced because of a crime you commit, you should be allowed out and be free should you not be a threat any longer?

More deserving of a custodial? give your head a wobble, I'm pretty sure the chap who dieds family think he is deserving.

He was a volunteer to the prison regime remember, if he would have stayed home that day, or seen out his original sentence instead of leaping the wall, he'd be a free man by now.
"give your head a wobble"
Jack Mills, who was 57 at the time of the robbery, never fully recovered from his injuries, and never returned to work. In 1970, he died of leukemia which an inquest confirmed was unrelated to his injuries""

le_crabe_tambour said:
Porridge_gun said:
le_crabe_tambour said:

I can't see him returning to a life of crime at the moment and as the prisons are supposed to be overcrowded he'd only be taking space for someone more deserving of a custodial sentence...
Prisons are only over crowded according to bleeding hearts liberals. Personally I think that there should be 8 to a cell instead of 1 or 2 and then of course there are the tv, library, classroom areas that could be put to good use. They have too much of a good time in prison (being allowed phone calls, getting paid for work they do, getting better food then squaddies at xmas etc etc when they should be learning that crime does not pay.

Cabana said:
le_crabe_tambour said:
Porridge_gun said:
le_crabe_tambour said:

Prisons are only over crowded according to bleeding hearts liberals. Personally I think that there should be 8 to a cell instead of 1 or 2 and then of course there are the tv, library, classroom areas that could be put to good use. They have too much of a good time in prison (being allowed phone calls, getting paid for work they do, getting better food then squaddies at xmas etc etc when they should be learning that crime does not pay.
And you have first hand knowledge of this I take it..

le_crabe_tambour said:
Jack Mills, who was 57 at the time of the robbery, never fully recovered from his injuries, and never returned to work.
Oh I stand corrected and that makes it all ok?

He didn't kill him, just fcuk him up for the long term, thats ok then. Set him free and forget punishment for the crimes he committed.

Set free all the rapists & ninces who are no longer a threat, who may have escaped to South America and spent a lifetime rubbing it into the noses of the British Justice system?

Porridge_gun said:
le_crabe_tambour said:
Jack Mills, who was 57 at the time of the robbery, never fully recovered from his injuries, and never returned to work.
Oh I stand corrected and that makes it all ok?

He didn't kill him, just fcuk him up for the long term, thats ok then.
Set him free and forget punishment for the crimes he committed.

Set free all the rapists & ninces who are no longer a threat, who may have escaped to South America and spent a lifetime rubbing it into the noses of the British Justice system?
I did'nt think anyone had admitted to striking Jack Mills or do you know better, and your inferred he died through his injuries so I'm merely correcting you as he died 17 years later...ffs

polar69 said:
Send him back down.

This pathetic fascination the press has with glorifying east end thugs grits my s***.
If you want him back in prison, who are you going to release?

Totaly agree with your second sentence though.

Stop the mitigation lawyer bollocks, ignoring anything to do with Jack Mills, he is guilty of the train robbery and escaping custody. He only served 15 months IIRC of a considerable sentence.

If he was a rapist / kiddy fiddler or similar would you feel the same because he was an old man?

He is getting around quite well for someone at deaths door?

FWIW Harold Shipman didn't admit to topping all those grannies..... doesn't mean he didn't does it? Are you taking the word of a criminal, escapee and villain?

Shoorlee Shum miishtake in the title, I can't see him running anywhere ;)

Having said that he is look sprightly for someone who was supposed to be pegging it

Porridge_gun said:
Stop the mitigation lawyer balls, ignoring anything to do with Jack Mills, he is guilty of the train robbery and escaping custody. He only served 15 months IIRC of a considerable sentence.

If he was a rapist / kiddy fiddler or similar would you feel the same because he was an old man?

He is getting around quite well for someone at deaths door?

FWIW Harold Shipman didn't admit to topping all those grannies..... doesn't mean he didn't does it? Are you taking the word of a criminal, escapee and villain?
So correcting you in your posts in "mitigation lawyer balls" I thought it was stating facts and correcting your post inferring Jack Mills death was as a result of train robbery,when it had f*ck all to do with it, the cheek of me correcting a MOD eh with facts.....

le_crabe_tambour said:
Cabana said:
le_crabe_tambour said:
Porridge_gun said:
le_crabe_tambour said:

And you have first hand knowledge of this I take it..
No, but I do not walk around with my eyes and ears shut. As an example, I was listening to a radio program where the debate was should prisoners get a pay rise. This woman rang up stating that she thought that her husband should as he performed his duties well and so that she could speak longer on the phone to him. Some companies such as design companies are using and paying prisoners to do work for them. Granted the money they get is not much, but they are in prison for a reason and any work they do, be it cleaning the toilets or cooking should not be paid for. Why are we as a tax payer, paying for a prisoner to be locked up and also paying them to keep the place livable?
I also think that you know that it is a well known fact that prisoners do get better food then squaddies at xmas. I remember one xmas I was in Germany and the food we got, and the media was showing what prisoners in UK got and theirs looked better (at least, dunno whether it tasted better) and they got a better selection.