Ronnie Barker-RIP

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by canteen_cowboy, Oct 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just been announced Ronnie Barker passed away yesterday.

afternoon, RiP you made me have many a chuckle
  2. RIP big fella.
  3. A very funny man, on many occasions he had me chuckling too! He had a good life and I'm sure he'll have fun in the great Comedy Store in the sky...
  4. :(

A big loss. As a tribute, could someone still serving please send a NIG to the QM/ a sprog to the stores (depending on service) to ask for four candles/fork handles? :D
  5. Well, it's good bye from him!

RIP, enjoyed the laughs. Thank you.
  6. Bugger...and I would have gladley traded Corbett.

badluck made me laugh and laugh.

7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

aw rats - now there was a Titan amongst comedians - requiescat Norman Stanley Fletcher....tell Fulton Mackay its his round and watch him leg it out of the celestial bar.

RIP Mr Barker
  8. Another British Great sadly passes away...

R.I.P. Ronnie, a True British Legend
  9. Classic comedy from a very talented individual - RIP.

10. I still can't go into a Homecare or B&Q without chuckling about "4 candles?" "No....not 4 candles, Fork 'andles. - 'Andles for forks!"

A sad loss :(
  11. Bugger too - an incredibly funny man who dragged the short arrse along with him. Grew up watching them and responsible for some of the absolute classics in my mind:

Two Ronnies
    Open All Hours

A true great - bet him and Tommy Cooper will put on some great shows upstairs.
  12. Grew up watching all his series, Porridge, Open All Hours and the rest. RIP mate, thanks for making me laugh.