Ron Taylor

It is my sad duty to inform those who knew him that Ron Taylor, Ex-Chairman of the Manchester RSA Branch, lost his battle with cancer last night.

He was an ex-Harrogate apprentice who graduated as AT SSM in the trade of RR Tech. He left the Corps early after receiving some poor advice on his career progression but joined Manchester police where he was christened with the nickname 2Chalky". He was invalided out after suffering a broken neck but carved out another career as a manager of a senior citizen's care home.

I lost a good friend, the Corps a loyal member and the Manchester RSA Branch an ex-Chairman of 25 years.

I knew Ron when I was in training at Harrogate in 1975-1977, he was AT SSM of Penney Squadron, and an exceptionally nice character. RIP Ron.

Last edited:
It is my sad duty to inform those who knew him that Ron Taylor, Ex-Chairman of the Manchester RSA Branch, lost his battle with cancer last night.

He was an ex-Harrogate apprentice who graduated as AT SSM in the trade of RR Tech. He left the Corps early after receiving some poor advice on his career progression but joined Manchester police where he was christened with the nickname 2Chalky". He was invalided out after suffering a broken neck but carved out another career as a manager of a senior citizen's care home.

I lost a good friend, the Corps a loyal member and the Manchester RSA Branch an ex-Chairman of 25 years.
Commiserations for your loss Chodmeister. RIP

Latest Threads