Ron Swanson's nightmare is a reality

Big country. Not readily apparent that's happening but it's pretty arid in the dry season and a green swamp in the wet.

Your knowledge of cheeses must be somewhat lacking if you've never heard of mozzarella or cheddar.
It says on the packet "Mozarella Flavored Shreds" and "Cheddar Flavored Shreds". Still doesn't say "cheese". I know it's pedantic but just calling something flavored (or Flavoured for those of us who speak proper English) is the get out of food producers everywhere.

It says on the packet "Mozarella Flavored Shreds" and "Cheddar Flavored Shreds". Still doesn't say "cheese". I know it's pedantic but just calling something flavored (or Flavoured for those of us who speak proper English) is the get out of food producers everywhere.
And the link was to a page very prominently labelled "VEGAN CHEESE".

Having been to the factory that makes Quorn, and the previous Linda McCartney range, on several occasions, I can tell you that it looks like a turd of grey-brown concrete before processing into stuff that looks like food.

The reason that it's made to look like meat products is that it's virtually unpalatable in the raw form, and doesn't cook very well either.

Sorry to disappoint with facts and stuff, but most people don't want to eat something that looks like a grey turd. Although you may wish to differ.

Oh, and without the added spices, it's almost totally tasteless.
I'm allergic to quorn, I blow chunks within minutes of eating it. Apparently not unusual, the official figure is 5% of folk being allergic. I googled how Quorn is made. I'm glad that my digestive system made the decision for me to not like it. Truly revolting, synthetically produced mould. Avoid.

And the link was to a page very prominently labelled "VEGAN CHEESE".
Fair enough, but I couldn't see that from the photo. Anyway I suppose the point is valid. Without checking how do we know the "cheese" on a pizza is actually cheese?

If Veganism is so healthy how come they all have to take supplements to survive?

Fair enough, but I couldn't see that from the photo. Anyway I suppose the point is valid. Without checking how do we know the "cheese" on a pizza is actually cheese?
Cheese analogues: a review - ScienceDirect

"Development of cheese analogues involves the use of fat and/or protein sources other than those native to milk, together with a flavour system simulating as closely as possible that of the natural product. It is also necessary to develop a suitable processing regime capable of combining these elements to provide the required textural and functional properties. Cheese analogues may be regarded as engineered products."