Ron Hills,White stilettos & fat Arses

I bought a pair of Ronnies in 1987 when BAOR was at peak Ron Hill. Still wearing them for winter running 32 years later. However the stilettos fell apart within months and are crap for running in.

Well done @Guns, an object lesson in the ‘Arrse is not as funny as it used to be’. Rose tinted glasses trope.

The past is another country, just not always a better one.

I have a vague memory that Ron Hills came in a Trackster variety and a slightly more robust variety intended more for bimbling in the country; Treks or something. One or other of them went to the trouble of including an internal pouch pocket, capacious enough to hold a 10p piece. Two at a squeeze.

Either variety was prone to unravelling in strands the first time they encountered the tiniest of bramble bushes or a single protruding nail in a fence post.
They weren’t bad, actually - for their time. You gave me a laugh, though. I’d forgotten having a pair. Cheers, ears.

I bought a pair of Ronnies in 1987 when BAOR was at peak Ron Hill. Still wearing them for winter running 32 years later.
Given their capacity to pull away into strands if you passed within so much as a hundred yards of anything resembling a thorn, they must have the appearance of the lower half of a sniper's ghillie suit by now.

ghille1.jpg

Also available in royal blue with red stripe.

Given their capacity to pull away into strands if you passed within so much as a hundred yards of anything resembling a thorn, they must have the appearance of the lower half of a sniper's ghillie suit by now.

View attachment 394878

Also available in royal blue with red stripe.
Tried Veet? Or Roundup?