Ron Hills - vanished breed?

Spent a Most Joyful week in Otterburn recently and noticed that, apart from 1 RGR, none of the kids wore Ron Hills.

How are you supposed to spot Army Wives now??

I met Ron at the London Marathon Expo last year and told him he owes his fortune to squaddies and their wives, he couldn't stop laughing when I told him the wifeys used to wear them on the piss.

The man himself.......

Attachments

After my last pair of pesty Union Jack running shorts "Spontaneously Combusted" whilst drying on the the line I was shocked to find that only a Belgian firm "Campitello Sportswear" could deliver the goods.
It's political correctness gone mad.

I've got two pairs I wear during the winter when I go out running and I'm pretty sure a good percentage of the other runners I see wearing them are in the forces considering a large number of people around these parts are in military.

I met Ron at the London Marathon Expo last year and told him he owes his fortune to squaddies and their wives, he couldn't stop laughing when I told him the wifeys used to wear them on the piss.

The man himself.......
That's the worst blacked out photo I've ever seen, I'd easy pick you out in a line up.

Ron Hills are howling, I remember being forced to buy them in basic training, along with one of theose drill tops, and they looked ridiculous on me. Especially as my legs were so skinny, they were actually baggy on me. Bad times.

Do they still do the luminous yellow ones that were around in the 80's?

Brill stood on parade for Troop PT with your hands stuck down the front of your ron hills cupping your balls, them were the days.

I still have my Tracksters too. I also had skinny legs....

I can remember one fateful day whilst on "summer camp" at Fort George having to turn out for a run in t-shirt, Ron Hills and a pair of "Combat Highs" because some twat had forgotton to take running shoes with me!

I looked like a dodgy version of Max Wall !!!

Ronhill

I had the standard blue with red stripe and then branched out into black with white stripe and even bought the flouro yellow ones! What was I thinking.

Aldershot PRIs used to sell the maroon versions, complete with regimental badge. Still have a pair, but cannot believe that I used to fit into them....

These days I look ridiculous in Tracksters, but I do use the heavier version with zip pockets.

Do they still do the luminous yellow ones that were around in the 80's?

Brill stood on parade for Troop PT with your hands stuck down the front of your mate's ron hills cupping his balls, them were the days.
The 'buddy buddy' system was never intended to go that far!!!! ; )

I still run in a pair which doesn't look out of place here with the kiwis running in polyproplene leggings and shorts (alright i still haven't got over seeing men wearing tights on the hills!)

Do they still do the luminous yellow ones that were around in the 80's? .
1986 to be specific. Ron pitched up at the Munich marathon looking like a flouresent traffic light to be immediately pounced on by a team of Brit mil types. We were competing in the military team section. He took the ribbing in good heart saying " Mark my words, you guys will be dressed in this kit next year " He was right.

Ron was coaching a young German 19 year old lass at the time who was looking to do a sub 2.40 at least in this race. He persuaded us to pace her which didn't at first seem to be an issue. When she headed the race around the 10 mile point, we found ourselves surrounded by motor-cycle camera teams and which caused the more camera shy members to either accellerate their pace or throttle back. The poor lass didn't make her time that year.

Z

Zarathustra

The Ghurkas 'round these ways wear tracksters along with a red polo neck topped with a green coy sweatshirt.

I contemplated buying some over the winter, might get some this winter but will just have to stick to early morning runs to maintain my street cred.

The young lads in my troop asked me just today "What were those tights that you old bastards used to run in?"
Ron Hills you cheeky gets!

Rons are soooo 80's pad wife fashions, these days they have moved on to north face jackets. However, they are still easy to spot...they are the ones with the muffin top hanging over their jeans, a fag on and about 6 snotty kids running riot behind them.

Rons are soooo 80's pad wife fashions, these days they have moved on to north face jackets. However, they are still easy to spot...they are the ones with the muffin top hanging over their jeans, a fag on and about 6 snotty kids running riot behind them.
You forgot the smallprint.

Other brands of jackets are available. Pad wifes black eye may not come as standard.