Discussion in 'RAC' started by trelawney, Jan 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sad news for Gunnery Types.

Ron Aquilina ex Schools Inst and ex RSM 3RTR has passed away.

2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Great man - sad loss.
  3. Remember him well. RIP Ron.
  4. My OC in G Sqn 4 RTR, great guy, down to earth and no messing, remember him at Hohne once quizzing the Gunnery Wing about "gun memory" then destroying their theories. If there is a ten pin bowling team in heaven
    Ron will be in it.
  5. Presumably he of the Aquilina trainer fame? Never met the gentleman but many happy hour on the trainer; good bit of kit.
  6. Yup. AS TARA said, you couldn't meet a more straightforward guy. I'd forgotten about the bowling btw.
  7. A legend in the RAC, even to us who aren't gunnery gods.

RIP Ron.
  8. Ron Aquilina's Funeral 1400hrs Thursday 22 January Efford Crematorium Efford Road Plymouth PL3 6NG
  9. As stated many happy hours playing with laser lights, it made life on CIM better enabaling us to get rid of stupid No6 Bracket.

10. Fantasic Bloke.

11. RIP Ron as previously stated an RAC legend.
  12. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

For those who may be interested in attending a Hide has been set up as follows:

Those who knew Ackers and are interested in joining us fro lunch prior to the event please pm me.
  13. As far as the bowling goes, he was a very dear friend. as an officer and a soldier he will always be respeted in my eyes. My heart goes out to Sue and his girls.

Ron, thanks for everything you taught me, sorry i never got that title i think you wanted me to win.

RIP to the green fields beyond