Rome: Total War

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by ouyin, Jun 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, I've never been able to complete Rome Total War because it always crashes at 120 bc, I've tried re-installing it, and downloading patches, but it just keeps crashing to desktop. I was hoping some more technically minded people out there could help me?

2. i doubt its your game have you thought about your Comp overheating i know after a while of playing C&C generals Zero Hour my laptop can get quite hot and cut off back to the desktop

3. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

As an aside I have just bought the second version of medieval total war (II), was wondering if anyone had played it? I'm hoping that it may be enjoyable and fucntional as I plan world domination :twisted:

4. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Its very very good, but there is a monster patch to download, about 600 meg. improves it quite a lot!

5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Is the patch standalone? If so I may as well download it while the item is in the post...

6. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

You can download the patch, and save it on your HD while waiting. just go to the relevant support section on the website.

7. with Rome TW, if i remember correctly, theres an issue over patching.

you have to patch to 1.3 before going to 1.5, you cant patch 1.5 over an older game. ( i may be wrong in this and it may not even be the ploblem causing your issues)

check out the support pages at TW home.

http://www.totalwar.com/

and Medi 2 TW is brilliant, same formula as the older games but with far more managment needed and the in game graphics are awsome.
    check it out on online multiplayer.

8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I downloaded the patch last night and the game arrived with Pat this morning. I installed the game, installed the patch...all ready to go and...error message..agggghhhh....reboot try again..error message...double aggghhhh. I had a feeling that for some reason I had to run the original game prior to patching, so deinstalled, reinstalled, ran the game and bingo. Looks awesome...bring on the end of my working day....

9. go back to patch 1.2 and download rome total realism v6 mod improves the game no end