Romania volunteer work.

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by jason123, Jan 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could you bring me back some AIDs? Failing that a child no older than 8 with it's vocal cords removed will suffice.
  2. Given that Romania is part of the EU and as such should be up to EU standards and also receives a lot of EU aid, do you not think you should be helping those young orphans with HIV, homeless people and those with a disability of your own countrymen and those in the UK?
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Went to Romania back in 1993 to help much the same as you. Nice to see things haven't changed much since then. Watch what you eat & drink as I had the worst gut ache & shits that I've ever had in my life.
  4. Why????
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Go to slough and you'll meet people with HIV, homless and disabled far cheaper.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Mug

Mug Clanker

Doncaster's nice this time of year!
    • Like Like x 1

To meet them is not to love them.....
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Prince albert, the answer to that question is in the piece of text you quoted, to help them.

Cabana you make a fair point, but unfortunately even though the orphanages out there should be up to EU standards, they are not. Unlike here in the UK where disabled persons can claim benefits, Romania doesn't have such a great system. The government does not have the same funding to provide all the luxuries and great standards of living the people in the UK enjoy, so I hope that answers your query.
  9. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Why should I or anyone else give a flying **** about Rumania and Rumanians?
  10. To help people less fortunate than yourself schaden, if byou don't have anything positive or worthwhile posting please don't post, it's just childish.
  11. To those who have been kind of to donate, thanks a lot! It really is appreciated.
  12. The government of UK doesn't supply me with any luxuries either and the standard of living I have is all down to my own efforts.

If you want to go yoghurt knitting, fill your boots but don't expect me to pay for it.
  13. Well that's very good for you, I'm not supplied with any luxuries either. I and the vast majority of the UK have everything we need to live a more than comfortable life. So I'm trying to help those who can't enjoy such a lifestyle.

So don't pay for it then, it's a donation link, you're not expected to pay for anything. It's only if you want, now settle down wee man.
  14. AND if you read it correctly, the luxuries provided by the UK government was in relation to those disabled and or ill.

Silly billy.