Reference Image Rolls-Royce Pegasus (Harrier Jump Jet Engine)

daz

LE
Taken at the South Wales Aviation Museum (SWAM)

Rolls-Royce Pegasus (1) (Custom).jpg

Rolls-Royce Pegasus (2) (Custom).jpg

Rolls-Royce Pegasus (3) (Custom).jpg

daz

LE
Rolls-Royce Pegasus (4) (Custom).jpg

Rolls-Royce Pegasus (5) (Custom).jpg

Rolls-Royce Pegasus (6) (Custom).jpg

daz

LE
Rolls-Royce Pegasus (7) (Custom).jpg

Rolls-Royce Pegasus (8) (Custom).jpg

Rolls-Royce Pegasus (9) (Custom).jpg

Aerospace Bristol has a Harrier with the Pegasus engine removed and on display next to it too. Genuinely good museum. Looks like SWAM is deserving of a visit when I'm next down that way.

Wish Barrow had decent museums within easy reach. The automotive and train museums are a bitch to reach without a car. Dock museum is good though.

The old Rhose aircraft museum had some good stuff, but the land was wanted for a carpark...……..

@daz you should have called in for a tea, we live about fifteen minutes away.

daz

LE
Aerospace Bristol has a Harrier with the Pegasus engine removed and on display next to it too. Genuinely good museum. Looks like SWAM is deserving of a visit when I'm next down that way.

Wish Barrow had decent museums within easy reach. The automotive and train museums are a bitch to reach without a car. Dock museum is good though.
To be fair to SWAM, they are just starting up, so it's not a huge affair, it's somewhere on the same size of the Jet Age Museum in Gloucester.
Currently its only open on the weekends, entry is subject to a £5 "donation"... I'd be happier if they just called it an entrance fee and have done with it.

Hopefully, at some stage I'll be able to have a mooch around the scrapyard around the back of the hangers.

To be fair to SWAM, they are just starting up, so it's not a huge affair, it's somewhere on the same size of the Jet Age Museum in Gloucester.
Currently its only open on the weekends, entry is subject to a £5 "donation"... I'd be happier if they just called it an entrance fee and have done with it.

Hopefully, at some stage I'll be able to have a mooch around the scrapyard around the back of the hangers.
I've done the Jet Age Museum a few times. MoD fly through Gloucester so whenever I end up way early for my flights I pop over.

There's shed loads of legislation if you charge an admission; a donation kind of skirts some of the commercial and tax stuff, as I understand it. Had a similar conversation in a local mining museum not long since. Dunno the ins and outs of it but it seemed to be a sensible answer from the old chappy on stag.

There's shed loads of legislation if you charge an admission; a donation kind of skirts some of the commercial and tax stuff, as I understand it. Had a similar conversation in a local mining museum not long since. Dunno the ins and outs of it but it seemed to be a sensible answer from the old chappy on stag.
Wonder if not charging 'admission', at least not formally, makes them eligible for support from various funds etc like national museums.

daz

LE
The old Rhose aircraft museum had some good stuff, but the land was wanted for a carpark...……..

@daz you should have called in for a tea, we live about fifteen minutes away.
Used to go to Rhoose aircraft museum as a nipper in the dim and distant past and to the air shows at RAF St Athens, it used to be great fun watching the Phantoms piling on the reheat and watching the heat rings bloom out :)

Here's a couple of links to pictures of the old Rhoose aircraft museum

80's.jpg

Next time I'm heading that way. I'll let you know... free brew is a free brew :)

Latest Threads