Rolling Stones revival

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Lets try this arrse ap for androids shall we? Anybody fancy their go?

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Crayon. From a Wop restaurant. Android apps and geriatric rockers? Get the **** in.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
T

Tremaine

On a visit to Denmark Street, in London's old Tin Pan Alley, Regent Sounds claimed their shop to be the place the 'Stones recorded their first album. Does anyone know where the original Marquee Club, where the Stones gigged in 1963, on Oxford Street was?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
165 Oxford St, just down the road from the 100 Club.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
/wah vest and visor on/
its a Wetherspoons pub now.
/wah vest and visor off./

i've seen quite a few 'legends' play such as: Dylan, J Brown, Robert Plant, Roger Daltry, Patti Smith...and many pretty good modern bands but by far The Stones is the best band experience ever had. It was the 40 Licks Tour..probably not their best ever but I thought it was fantastic. Even the boxset is great fun to watch 10 years later after a few drinks.

(going back to stay next door to Jerry Hall's house also added to the evening but that's another story!)
No Spoons pub on Oxford St, matey, they can't afford the rent. Also Tremaine, the Stones gigged there first in '62.

I can't get no...

...Sanatogen...

That was funnier on their first farewell tour 85 years ago
Did you enjoy the tour, though? I'd have thought the Stones were a bit loud for you, you couldn't hear the words & there was no tune you could whistle. And they needed haircuts :wink:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Presumably 30 or so doors down the road. And on the other side of the road.

Mmmmmm..the 100 Club. Is it still going?
Picky ******!! ;-) And yes, it is still open despite plans to close it 2 years ago

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Rumour has it they'll be doing Glastonbury as a farewell. I have a sneaking suspicion the farewell gig in Europe or the States would be a lot less trouble and a lot more fun.