• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Rolling Stones revival

T

Tremaine

On a visit to Denmark Street, in London's old Tin Pan Alley, Regent Sounds claimed their shop to be the place the 'Stones recorded their first album. Does anyone know where the original Marquee Club, where the Stones gigged in 1963, on Oxford Street was?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
/wah vest and visor on/
its a Wetherspoons pub now.
/wah vest and visor off./

i've seen quite a few 'legends' play such as: Dylan, J Brown, Robert Plant, Roger Daltry, Patti Smith...and many pretty good modern bands but by far The Stones is the best band experience ever had. It was the 40 Licks Tour..probably not their best ever but I thought it was fantastic. Even the boxset is great fun to watch 10 years later after a few drinks.

(going back to stay next door to Jerry Hall's house also added to the evening but that's another story!)
No Spoons pub on Oxford St, matey, they can't afford the rent. Also Tremaine, the Stones gigged there first in '62.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Rumour has it they'll be doing Glastonbury as a farewell. I have a sneaking suspicion the farewell gig in Europe or the States would be a lot less trouble and a lot more fun.

Latest Threads