Rolling my own fags - Am I a Pikey?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by jonahlfc, Nov 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having recently made it back to Blighty from ze fatherland, I have taken on the new and just as destructive habit of rolling my own ciggies rather than pay the truly exorbitant prices of tailor mades back here. This has left me with a dilemma. Is it socially acceptable to roll ones own when you are under thirty? Should I feel guilty about sourcing my baccie from abroad to ensure that Mr Brown does not get my contribution to the tax burden? Does my new habit make me a a yellow fingered social misfit with teeth like a recce patrol - well spaced out and all cammed up? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. If its good enough for Jeremy Irons, its good enough for you son, but your're prolly a pikey anyway :twisted:

3. Crack on mate its the proper squaddie thing to do (cheap and socially unnaceptable :D) Also you can bum fags of your mates and nobody will want one off you, Bonus!

4. Sure. The kids at my university do it all the time. :D

5. The hole time I smoked from the age of 15 until I gave up at 25 was roll my own. You smoke less, it cost less and people scrounge of you less, it's a good one allround.

And just one more you can't roll on them a squash them.

6. I'm going to Deutchland next week and would be happy to pick some snout up for you......for a fee.

7. Since I'm a bit posh I smoke Havana cigars, usually Monte Cristo No2.

In the UK they cost about £16 each but in Spain they cost 9 Euros each, so every so often I get the ferry to Spain & stock up ( I don't fly, don't trust planes).
    I've got nothing against people rolling their own because I pride myself on not being a snob & looking down on my inferiors.

8. Roleys are a totally different experience to real fags.

Another advantage is that if you leave them in the ashtray, they'll go out instead of burning away.

You actually smoke less tobacco too, especially if they're 'skinny Barlinnies'

What brand do you smoke?

9. Do the Havanas you enjoy putting in your mouth have a blue vein in them?

10. We're not known for playing the pink Oboe old chap!

11. Do you prefer to say that you 'smoke blokes' then? :twisted:

12. Best smokes ever: a good pinch of Golden Vagina, lit with a Zippo fueled with Pikey Chipfat/kero mix. Aahh. Cough Cough. Cough. Ptooie. (Rolly coff - nothing compares)

Incidentally, if you have a mucker heading off to the Canaries the cigars there are top and cheap as chips. Try to look innocent when you come back through Customs with 2000 in your case and abandoned shreddies left in Playa Fanabe