Rolling Contract

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by rauzek, Sep 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, so in Feb '09, I got a phone call from Phones 4 U. (Anyone who knows anything about these guys, knows that's the first mistake) Anyhow, they offered me a new contract and bought me out of my last one, and even cancelled it for me. Apparently.

So today when I was managing my standing orders online for my rent, I was most surprised to see 2 direct debits going out per month to Orange, both at around 30 quid.

So I went to the bank, and this has been going on for 15 months past the end of the contract, and I didn't know this, but apparently even though there's a set contract date, it doesn't really mean anything as you have to cancel it yourself..

Over 15 months, I lost some £531, and seemingly, don't have a leg to stand on, as I signed a contract with 20 pages of small [print, which probably has that written on the 19th page. Any suggestions? Is it worth writing a shitty letter on the off chance?

2. I thought rolling contracts have been stopped now. My car insurance now requires me to call them if I want to continue, not that I ever do.