Rolling Contract

Ok, so in Feb '09, I got a phone call from Phones 4 U. (Anyone who knows anything about these guys, knows that's the first mistake) Anyhow, they offered me a new contract and bought me out of my last one, and even cancelled it for me. Apparently.

So today when I was managing my standing orders online for my rent, I was most surprised to see 2 direct debits going out per month to Orange, both at around 30 quid.

So I went to the bank, and this has been going on for 15 months past the end of the contract, and I didn't know this, but apparently even though there's a set contract date, it doesn't really mean anything as you have to cancel it yourself..

Over 15 months, I lost some £531, and seemingly, don't have a leg to stand on, as I signed a contract with 20 pages of small [print, which probably has that written on the 19th page. Any suggestions? Is it worth writing a shitty letter on the off chance?

I thought rolling contracts have been stopped now. My car insurance now requires me to call them if I want to continue, not that I ever do.