Roll up, roll up! - its a Pageant - book now!

The TA Pageant approaches - how do you feel?

• I can't wait to see the Pageant - I'm so excited.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Are you out of your mind? - I'm not going.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apparently, you have to register for a ticket through your Unit Adjutants (that is assuming you are in a Unit that has an Adjutant). Only former TA personnel can register on line...

Nice poster though (not).

I'm glad they explained where the Mall is - I had always wondered.

http://www.ta100.co.uk/index.php?index.php?p=events&s=&aid=29

I'm torn on this.

Half of me wants to go, the other half shudders at the thought of it. All I can think of is Puttees and Battledress and I'm not sure that's how I want to celebrate TA100.

Will it have an eye to the future?

Does anyone know?

After visiting that website, I've just bought a TA100 hoodie. I'm now going to go off and have a word with myself.

I'm so ashamed.

Hugh_Jardon said:
After visiting that website, I've just bought a TA100 hoodie. I'm now going to go off and have a word with myself.

I'm so ashamed.
I'm really surprised you didn't go for the wooden pen! - class.

Redcap said:
Will it have the same coverage as yesterdays event?
Nowhere near as much!!!

Its another excuse for a few G&Ts and back slapping. Don't worry though, the various playlets are all being done by actors.

No irony there then.

21st June 2008 | The TA100 National Pageant will be a fast moving and highly visual performance, involving battle re-enactments, a parade, military bands, historic vehicles, and a tribute to those Territorials who have given their lives and who have won gallantry awards.
Sounds just like the War and Peace Show 80

Oh nooooooooo playlets done by actors. Are these actors the re-enactment wierdo socially dysfunctional walts who like dressing up in uniform.

I remember a never-repeated battlefield tour where we had some german uniform wierdo walts doing stuff who then wandered round the bars in Oosterbeek in ss uniform. Nearly got lynched. If these actors are those people I am boycotting the whole thing.
ET

There's also a lunch now (allegedly) - in the park?

There as part of the colour party duties but reading about it now. I might be washing my hair that day

I've been given a ticket to watch. I haven't got much hair to wash!!

Don't remember any previous mention of said event but our quota of tickets is all gone, apparently.... :x

FrogPrince said:
Don't remember any previous mention of said event but our quota of tickets is all gone, apparently.... :x
It was the offer of a free lunch that did it.

Just had a thought, arn't a large amount of these TA100 activities during the time period of a lot of Annual Camps?

Well planned there!

Could this be a chance of an ARRSE/TA social piss up/crawl in london?????

Hmmm

So many questions, TA bands !!! who pays for those then? Ticket allocation taken up by permanent staff and HQ for jolly ? and ultimatly what does this do to improve the lot of Cpl Smiths wife stuck on grim housing estate while he is deplyed on Ops.

Apoligies overdose of Lemons today.

YM

West Midlands Events..

Liking the Poppy Ball idea :D

Veterans Day in Birmingham should be good, last one was a success and they appear to be building on that, so well done all.

PartTimePongo said:
West Midlands Events..

Liking the Poppy Ball idea :D

Veterans Day in Birmingham should be good, last one was a success and they appear to be building on that, so well done all.
There is the event at the National Arboretum Memorial on the 13 Sept

If your around

Unfortunately not Ease , I would very much like to have attended that, but will be on exercise for most of that month :(

PartTimePongo said:
Unfortunately not Ease , I would very much like to have attended that, but will be on exercise for most of that month :(
Yea just looked in my diary to while I am attending that also away the weekend before then that then my annual camp. Still the pay in october will be good