• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Rolex Oyster perpetual "Submariner", Military issue For sale

wet_blobby said:
Looking for a realistic asking price, the watch is pussers stamped, serial numbered and has solid pins. As issued to bubbleheads and the like.

Any offers gents?

The serial number on the watch is 0552/923-7697

Unfortunately not having two watches to compare serial numbers against... :) is my watch the same one as in this link

Scroll down to the issue chit at the bottom of the page.

http://diving-watch.org/MILSUB-MILITARY-ISSUE-ROLEX-SUBMARINER-

What sort of price are you lloking for? i have some cash?

I've just spoken to Rolex at bexley, the manager there showed me where to find the serial number, which I did and he confirmed a Rolex submariner of that serial number was issued to Chatham dockyard in 1975.......he also gave me a guideline figure of what people are paying for them........ :omg:

23 Feb 1968: Issued by Far East Station (Singapore) to AB Lougher.

1975: Issued by Rolex(?) to Chatham Dockyard.

Something seems a little odd, though perhaps dodgy Rolexes go back to the manufacturer for repair, rather than let the naval equivalent of REME ruin them even further?

So, just how much are you asking for this obsolete watch that's broken down at least once? ;) Not that I'm making a bargaining point, of course.

edited to add:

....and one which it's not recommended that you use in the bath or shower.

deefadog said:
serial number different on the one he s selling to the reciept in said example puttees pay attention :D
I see what you mean now. 923-7697 on Blobby's watch is clearly different to 923-7697 on the Navy 1033. :roll:

Still looks like the same number to me. Unless this is the model number and not the serial number.

Aha! A bit of Googling, tells me that 0552/923-7697 is the pre-NSN NSN number. It falls into place now.

Could always swop it for my old G1033 CWC watch I suppose and bung in a couple of squid.
I second BAZ motion
How much do you want for the damn thing before i go and get one in a place i know in Bangkok

RC

If it weren't for Diverboy being a new member and coming up with this:

Diverboy said:
I can afford a reasonable rolex price upto a few K how much do you want and i'll let you know?
I would have gone away from this topic.

But as a "reasonable rolex price upto a few K" wouldn't even scratch the surface of what these things go for, I feel obliged to throw in this link.

http://catalog.antiquorum.com/catalog.html?action=load&lotid=31&auctionid=108#dummy

Diverboy isn't an unscrupulous dealer, perchance?

putteesinmyhands said:
deefadog said:
serial number different on the one he s selling to the reciept in said example puttees pay attention :D
I see what you mean now. 923-7697 on Blobby's watch is clearly different to 923-7697 on the Navy 1033. :roll:

Still looks like the same number to me. Unless this is the model number and not the serial number.

Aha! A bit of Googling, tells me that 0552/923-7697 is the pre-NSN NSN number. It falls into place now.
My mistake for confusing everyone, I thought that was the serial number, it isn't the serial number is hidden under the strap pin...and alot of grime! didn't even know there was any numbers in that location.

There's a guideline figure of 20 - 30k+ if genuine, which as it was issued to me I know it is..... :D

So I'll be calling sothabys in the morning, I didn't realise they where worth so much! better see what else I've got in my kitbag in the attic.....

Latest Threads