Roles & Ranks

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by 4224blue, Nov 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

My friend has recently passed phase 2 in the RAF as RAF Police, she has now become a CPL. However, my understanding is once you finish phase 2 in the RMP you only become a Lance CPL ? Could somebody please confirm this.

2. That's right.
  3. To clarify RAFP personnel are granted acting Cpl following training but are not paid for it as I understand.
  4. This is becuase the RAF does not have a LCpl rank equivalent so the next acting rank for them is Cpl.
  5. Cheers everyone, so to speak...if i was dealing with a situation as a Lance CPL (rmp)and a RAF CPL (in the police) was there too we'd be on a level ground?
  6. Do the rockapes not now have LCpls? It might just be them though and not the rest of the light blue.
  7. No, you'd be better than them because they are in the RAF.
  8. Yes and No. There are some RAF(P) Cpls who have done far, far more years than a LCpl in the RMP as promotion in the RAF Police is a lot slower. Despite them being 'only' RAF(P), there are many who are very experienced (such as SI trained guys etc) and wouldn't take kindly to being equated with a 'fresh' RMP LCpl.
  9. Correct - RAF Regt now has LCpl as a rank.
  10. Thanks for all the clarification guys!