Roles & Ranks

Hi,

My friend has recently passed phase 2 in the RAF as RAF Police, she has now become a CPL. However, my understanding is once you finish phase 2 in the RMP you only become a Lance CPL ? Could somebody please confirm this.

Cheers

4224blue said:
Hi,

My friend has recently passed phase 2 in the RAF as RAF Police, she has now become a CPL. However, my understanding is once you finish phase 2 in the RMP you only become a Lance CPL ? Could somebody please confirm this.

Cheers
To clarify RAFP personnel are granted acting Cpl following training but are not paid for it as I understand.

Disco said:
This is becuase the RAF does not have a LCpl rank equivalent so the next acting rank for them is Cpl.
Cheers everyone, so to speak...if i was dealing with a situation as a Lance CPL (rmp)and a RAF CPL (in the police) was there too we'd be on a level ground?

4224blue said:
Cheers everyone, so to speak...if i was dealing with a situation as a Lance CPL (rmp)and a RAF CPL (in the police) was there too we'd be on a level ground?
No, you'd be better than them because they are in the RAF.

4224blue said:
..if i was dealing with a situation as a Lance CPL (rmp)and a RAF CPL (in the police) was there too we'd be on a level ground?
Yes and No. There are some RAF(P) Cpls who have done far, far more years than a LCpl in the RMP as promotion in the RAF Police is a lot slower. Despite them being 'only' RAF(P), there are many who are very experienced (such as SI trained guys etc) and wouldn't take kindly to being equated with a 'fresh' RMP LCpl.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cymru_am_Byth Royal Signals 11
G Int Corps 20
B Royal Signals 7