Roles of a Royal Engineer

Slydinero

Swinger
Hello I have a phase 1 training coming up as a Royal Engineer.. I will like to know some of the Roles and also what are some of the differences between Royal Engineers and REME

Thank you

REME fix the vehicles that the wedgeheads break. Unless you're a wedgehead fitter in which case it's just looked at until REME are quietly called over too supervise.

SK

Demolitions, bridge building, mine clearance, mine laying, watermanship, booby traps, water points, knots and lashings, route denial, route clearance.

Think I missed some but that was most of my B3 course.

Build Sapper Bar in homemade brick building with full plumbing and electrics, Clear mine field, dig big trench, fill trench with water, use M3 bridge to get vehicles across, build permanent bridge over trench, blow up bridge, drain water from trench, fill trench in, lay mine field, fxck off back to the Sappers Bar. In that order

Build Sapper Bar in homemade brick building with full plumbing and electrics, Clear mine field, dig big trench, fill trench with water, use M3 bridge to get vehicles across, build permanent bridge over trench, blow up bridge, drain water from trench, fill trench in, lay mine field, fxck off back to the Sappers Bar. In that order
You forgot to include at the end 'play a game of freckles' and 'deck someone'. Apart from those minor omissions, good effort!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

You forgot to include at the end 'play a game of freckles' and 'deck someone'. Apart from those minor omissions, good effort!

@PapaGolf you could also have included telling anyone non-RE who will listen that they gave birth to both Crab Air and the Scalies before launching into a rousing refrain of 'Hurrah for the CRE!' (see below):

Not to worry as these TOs will be covered in more detail on your B3 to B2 Upgraders Course.

:)

Last edited:
Demolitions, bridge building, mine clearance, mine laying, watermanship, booby traps, water points, knots and lashings, route denial, route clearance.

Think I missed some but that was most of my B3 course.
You forgot drinking.

ugly

LE
Did anyone call naked bar?

You forgot drinking.
I was trying to break him in gently, dance of the flaming *********, dambusters,, shot draughts I was leaving till later.

chimera

LE
We were always told the we in the REME were actually Royal Engineers Minus Education

Then once you are a Sapper, you can change your Faecesbook name to Spr Joe Bloggs RE and when you write words with RE in it you can REally REalize how ridiculously embarrassing you can REally be.
REgards Buggrit. Ex Top Panels, Sqn Bar Dance of the Flaming Arrseholes aficionado.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Royal Engineers are a skilled corps with some decent trades you can take out to later life

We were always told the we in the REME were actually Royal Engineers Minus Education
Struggling to disagree with that one - though if you are feeling particularly feisty this morning you could say that it stands for Rough Engineering Made Easy . . . or something! :)

@PapaGolf you could also have included telling anyone non-RE who will listen that they gave birth to both Crab Air and the Scalies before launching into a rousing refrain of 'Hurrah for the CRE!' (see below):

Not to worry as these TOs will be covered in more detail on your B3 to B2 Upgraders Course.

:)

Not to mention the submarine service...oh, I believe I just did :)

You can bore other personnel at a wedding about how you provide everything for the rest of the Army and it would cease to function without your gallant contribution.

And then go to bed early, it was still daylight hours, because you've had too much Pimms.

Latest Threads