Role Players

Camping Wagon ?

I have to say Gladys that your portrayal of Pardner in Prestbury Players version of Oklahoma! certainly raised the roof in the village hall. It is still a talking point at the whist drive, after all these years.

Your reputation still lives as far as the other end of Prior's Road. To be honest TMA, you need look no further.

( If you want a Leo G Carrol stand in, he does a mean Mr Waverly as well )

Must dash, Mr Solo coming up on Channel D.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
I blush, I thought no-one remembered that particular thespian triumph, to say nothing of the epic restaging of the Nuremberg Rallies, nude, on ice, by the Harp Players - which I had the honour of directing. Who can forget the brisk trumpeting of a future Recruiting Warrant Officer of this august Corps as he, clad only in a jester's costume, reprised his key role in the Greenfly that night?

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Glad_its_all_over said:
I blush, I thought no-one remembered that particular thespian triumph, to say nothing of the epic restaging of the Nuremberg Rallies, nude, on ice, by the Harp Players - which I had the honour of directing. Who can forget the brisk trumpeting of a future Recruiting Warrant Officer of this august Corps as he, clad only in a jester's costume, reprised his key role in the Greenfly that night?
:D :omfg: :D ... the phrase "brisk trumpeting" in the context of the Harp Players... :glomp: ... :hump: ... :hug:

Glad_its_all_over said:
I blush, I thought no-one remembered that particular thespian triumph, to say nothing of the epic restaging of the Nuremberg Rallies, nude, on ice, by the Harp Players - which I had the honour of directing.
Again, you are too modest. Your epic interpretation of the last of Wagenr's cycle: Gotterdammerung, at Hillsborough Lake undoubtledly stretched the Peek Inn Choral Society to the limit. That you held the production together was a tremendous testament to your comittment. That you were having to drive up from doing shifts in R12 marks you as a true artiste, perhaps a trouper?

Having watched so many of the rehersals, I can only admit now that we sneaked off to Daft Eddies for supper during the first act and got back to catch the final curtain just after last orders. :oops:

Some said Die Walkure had a bit of a crush on you. To be honest I am still deeply sceptical about those lady soldiers in MT Troop. Still, not often you hear Wagner blaring from a yellow Bedford at the VCP is it?

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
subbsonic said:
Again, you are too modest. Your epic interpretation of the last of Wagenr's cycle: Gotterdammerung, at Hillsborough Lake undoubtledly stretched the Peek Inn Choral Society to the limit. That you held the production together was a tremendous testament to your comittment. That you were having to drive up from doing shifts in R12 marks you as a true artiste, perhaps a trouper?
What was worse was dragging myself from deep and cultural overnight discussions with Home Civil Service personnel in Holywood in order to overfulfill my cultural norms, in line with the Stakhanovite ideals inculcated in me during my time with 1st British Shock Corps.

subbsonic said:
Having watched so many of the rehersals, I can only admit now that we sneaked off to Daft Eddies for supper during the first act and got back to catch the final curtain just after last orders. :oops:
You were all missed, particularly at the Green Room bash in the back room of the Tidy Doffer afterwards.

subbsonic said:
Some said Die Walkure had a bit of a crush on you. To be honest I am still deeply sceptical about those lady soldiers in MT Troop. Still, not often you hear Wagner blaring from a yellow Bedford at the VCP is it?
Sensible shoes and sovereign rings notwithstanding, what a chorus - the bass baritones were a revelation.

lightning47

Old-Salt
Aaaah, and who will ever forget the sublime experience of the attending the world premier of "Penpals", with that great veteran of stage, screen and hit with the laydees, the great Shagois" in one of the lead roles. One of your greatest moments Glad. I was working with Shagois this afternoon and he has lost none of his aura!

Stick_Knave

Old-Salt
subbsonic said:
Your epic interpretation of the last of Wagenr's cycle: Gotterdammerung, at Hillsborough Lake undoubtledly stretched the Peek Inn Choral Society to the limit.
We did turn up,but to be honest it was just a load of pretentious, arrivisite, Bourgois Brits of the sort you would typically find in the front bar of the Hillside, wearing Gurnseys.

We collected a few car numbers and left before it got dark. We were comfortably back at Conway Street Mill in time for the Satre / Existentialiste debate. ( Wench: pardonnez mois)

S

Screw_The_Nut

jim4244 said:
"The nice man has posted hinting that there may be some post-military employment opportunities for the mighty warriors of the Green Beret"

So.....he's looking for former Booties then?
What when where who? I wasn't notified!

In the words of Robin Williams, doing an impression of Sly Stalone doing Hamlet:

"To Be, or What?"

Latest Threads