RoI's new national hero...

B

Boozy

Not sure if it's been posted before (mods feel free to delete if this is so), but just in case anyone doesn't fully understand what happened to the Republic of Ireland's Economy this wee man does a brilliant job of explaining things :-D

[video=youtube;koY6kXhQDQo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koY6kXhQDQo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

He has a far better grasp of the problems than any of the "experts" in the media.

B

Boozy

Exactly......though why someone would want to pretend to be a bog-trotting paddy is anyones guess?!?!
To be sure to be sure to be sure ah now well it's good to play upto on paddy's day particularly if you are anywhere other than Ireland...you can get gullible folk to buy you drinks all night as you regale them with tales of Leprechaun hunting and the time you caught King Brian King of the Little People! Tell them your ma's granny died when the banshee wailed and that you went to the Giant's Causeway and met Finn MacCool.

Being from the north I tend to make a lot of shit up about having to be driven to school in armoured convoys and make out it was a real war zone and you couldn't go to the shop for a bottle of milk for stray bullets - all rubbish of course but if it convinces them to buy me a drink to continue I'll keep spouting this shit!

People especially Americans love it - I tend to linger by the bar over emphasising my accent to see how many freebies I will get. I was caught out spectacularly about 3 years ago in an Irish pub when an English lad came upto me, pointed at the Gaelic words painted around and asked me to translate - being a northern irish prod I got stuck after the word 'Welcome'!!!

Though I have memorised the phrases for the future and now know that 'Cead Mille Failte' is "A hundred thousand welcomes" :giggle:

Paddys Day 2011 in Edinburgh Bring it on!

To be sure to be sure to be sure ah now well it's good to play upto on paddy's day particularly if you are anywhere other than Ireland...you can get gullible folk to buy you drinks all night as you regale them with tales of Leprechaun hunting and the time you caught King Brian King of the Little People! Tell them your ma's granny died when the banshee wailed and that you went to the Giant's Causeway and met Finn MacCool.

That is very true, a few mates are in America at the moment and everyone loves them, I hate the Americans who think they're Irish though because their grannys uncles cousin was from Ireland!!

Being from the north I tend to make a lot of shit up about having to be driven to school in armoured convoys and make out it was a real war zone and you couldn't go to the shop for a bottle of milk for stray bullets - all rubbish of course but if it convinces them to buy me a drink to continue I'll keep spouting this shit!

Tut tut is all I can say :p

People especially Americans love it - I tend to linger by the bar over emphasising my accent to see how many freebies I will get. I was caught out spectacularly about 3 years ago in an Irish pub when an English lad came upto me, pointed at the Gaelic words painted around and asked me to translate - being a northern irish prod I got stuck after the word 'Welcome'!!!

Tut tut again!! :p

Though I have memorised the phrases for the future and now know that 'Cead Mille Failte' is "A hundred thousand welcomes" :giggle:

I have little booklet thing with all the main phrase in it, I'll get one to you somehow and you can memorise it ;-) might save your life one night :p

Paddys Day 2011 in Edinburgh Bring it on!

If I get out of training, I'll be there ;-)
p.s. I'm shoite at spelling Irish though!!

Latest Threads