Rogue SAS unit accused of executing civilians in Afghanistan

With the BBC as reporter, judge, and jury, that's a foregone conclusion.

All they need is Piers Morgan and its a wrap.
Careful @Stacker will get upset. He is like a woman permanently on the rag

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
It's in the Guardian as well:

I liked this bit:

An SAS sergeant-major described the episode as “the latest massacre!” in an email sent the following morning, after the mission report was filed. “I’ve heard a couple of rumours,” the junior officer added, according to documents first revealed by BBC Panorama and the Sunday Times.

It's in the Guardian as well:

I liked this bit:
I liked this bit from the Sunday Mail:

"When a computer link to the mission report was circulated earlier that morning, one SAS troop sergeant-major inquired by email at 6.56am: 'Is this about . . . latest massacre! I've heard a couple of rumours."

WTF is a 'Troop Sergeant Major'?

The Mail also says that the brother of the Afghan bringing the case was suspected as being part of a gang laying roadside bombs in the area, which was the reason for the raid. This seems to have been omitted from previous BBC and Times reports, although I have not watched the original Panaroma doco. In fact I haven't watched Panaroma for decades- probably sometime last century- bunch of lefty twots.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just for reference: Leigh Day | Top-Ranked Solicitors in London and Manchester

Addresses are:

London office
Priory House, 25 St. John’s Lane, London EC1M 4LB
020 7650 1200

Manchester office
Building C (MAN 35), Northampton Road, Central Park, Manchester M40 5BP
0161 393 3530

I expect you have to contact them and make an appointment if you want to enter their buildings.

Truxx

LE
Another thing - there’s some odd rules of warfare. You can (and really should) shoot descending paratroopers. But you can’t shoot parachute-descending downed aircrew. You can’t randomly shoot enemy combatants, but you can target fast jet aircrew or senior officers and assassinate them. You can’t use chlorine gas against dug-in troops, but you can subject them to artillery barrage, strafing from aircraft, carpet bombing from aircraft and mortar or tank fire.
In these circumstances targets will continue to fall when hit.

Just for reference: Leigh Day | Top-Ranked Solicitors in London and Manchester

Addresses are:

London office
Priory House, 25 St. John’s Lane, London EC1M 4LB
020 7650 1200

Manchester office
Building C (MAN 35), Northampton Road, Central Park, Manchester M40 5BP
0161 393 3530

I expect you have to contact them and make an appointment if you want to enter their buildings.
Lady Nugee says that they do a nice lunch and have an excellent Xmas bash. All courtesy of the British taxpayer and Legal Aid Fund.

Latest Threads