Rogue Male

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by bald.paul.101, Sep 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just finished reading this book. Its semi autobiographical about Major Geoffrey Gordon-Creed. he joined up in WW2 and won an MC in the desert, then joined the SAS, then SOE and spent a couple of years behind the lines in Greece, where he won a DSO for blowing up a particularly tricky railway bridge.

For me, what makes this a great book, isnt what he got up to, but the marvelous way he didnt let the war get in the way of getting his end away. Nothing was going to get in the way of this blokes sex life.

definitely worth a read
  2. Sounds like he got his priorities right to me
  3. Didn't Geoffrey Household write a book called 'Rogue male' about a lone man's attempt to assasinate Adolf Hitler pre 1939? Later made into a TV drama with Peter O'Toole.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hitler wasn't mentioned by name -- the target was a sort of generic dictator who had (IIRC) offed the hero's girl. The author could have had Adolf in mind, of course.

Read it at school for English Lit a very, very long time ago. Dead good book.

5. On my copy of this there's a picture of Adolf sitting behind a sniper rifle but I also don't recall his name being mentioned. Wasn't a bad read, actually.
  6. Still being used in English lit in the late 80's, when I did it. Good book as well.